A private, 501 (c)3, non-profit organization established in 1954 by a group of concerned citizens who saw a need in the community for greater services and support for people with disabilities.
· Governed by a volunteer Board of Directors that work closely with staff to establish goals and objectives to make our operations more efficient and broaden our reach in the community.
· A highly regarded employer of nearly 200 qualified staff members who serve over 1,500 individuals and families across the state each year.
· A fiscally conscious organization which allocates just 11% of our annual budget to administrative and general expenses.
What We Do...
· Advance the independence, productivity and full citizenship of people with disabilities who have multiple needs.
· Support children and adults with disabilities to overcome challenges, achieve goals, and lead productive, fulfilling lives.
Did You Know
· UCP of Maine is a Disability Resource Network- providing information, programs, services and support for clients and other members of their community?
· UCP of Maine serves children and adults with a wide range of disabilities?
· UCP of Maine serves more than 1500 Maine children and adults with disabilities and their families each year?
· UCP of Maine offers a variety of services for autism -- the fastest growing developmental disability in the country?
· Thirty-three percent(33%) of all households have a member with a disability?
· UCP of Maine is affiliated with one of the largest health charities in the United States?
· UCP is a very financially conscious organization, with 89% of all revenue going directly to supporting children and adults with disabilities?
Because we are reaching out to families every day, offering our services, our work force continues to increase. We offer a benefits package for 30-plus hour individuals, or $250.00 per month salary adjustment in lieu of insurance if currently insured with a commercial carrier, all required trainings are free of charge, mileage reimbursement, earned time up to 27 days per year for full time staff, training dollars - $500.00 for full time, $250.00 for part time staff per year.
Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
JobsInME.com's mission is to help job seekers find real, local, jobs in Maine and reach their career goals.
With JobsInME.com, job seekers can conveniently search jobs by location, category, duration, and more. Users can also browse jobs by category and/or city. All employment opportunities are conveniently organized to facilitate the search of jobs - including full-time, part-time and temporary positions, as well as seasonal and volunteer work. Job seekers can save their custom search preferences, and even choose to receive automated Job Alert emails on a daily or weekly basis.
JobsInME.com is Maine's number one resource for job seekers and employers, offering insightful advice and articles through our award-winning newsletters and social media channels. JobsInME.com is actively involved in the communities we serve, partnering with local chambers of commerce, sports teams, trade associations and career centers, and attending local career fairs and business-to-business events.