1. Guides activities and experiences in the unit through use of camp government, by girls/for girls planning, and the Girl Scout Program. Assists in guiding unit, group and individual campers in participating successfully in all aspects of camp activities. Coordinates unit activities with those of the entire camp.
2. Greets campers/parents on first day of camp; sets positive, nurturing tone; answers parent’s questions. Maintains communication with parents throughout week about camper issues/concerns, if necessary. During check-out, meets briefly with parents about their camper’s week.
3. Prepares unit for new campers by ensuring removal of personal items or trash left by previous session.
4. During staff training, teaches each staff member in the unit her responsibilities.
5. Enforces camp safety regulations; instructs campers in emergency procedures such as fire drills, evacuations, etc.
6. Ensures the welfare of each individual in the unit and does all possible to solve problems; informs the Camp Director or Assistant Camp Director of any camper or staff issues/concerns.
7. Helps ensure morale of staff by monitoring that unit staff gets enough rest, time off, and recreational opportunities.
8. Sets a good example for campers and others including cleanliness, punctuality, sharing clean-up and chores, sportsmanship, and table manners.
9. Recognizes and responds to opportunities for problem-solving in the group.
10. Helps each camper meet the goals established by the camp for camper development.
11. Assists in supervising all assigned aspects of the campers’ day including morning reveille, kapers, meal times, rest hour, evening activities, getting ready for bed, and after-hours duty as assigned.
12. Formally evaluates staff at least twice a season, conducts other evaluations as necessary.
13. Encourages respect for personal property, camp equipment and facilities.
14. Assists in evaluating unit staff and entire camp operation with suggestions for the following season.
15. Assists with opening and closing camp, making inventories and reports.
16. Assists with unit housekeeping, sanitation, and care of supplies and equipment.
17. Other duties as assigned.
This is a full-time summer position and meals and lodging are included, as well as access to fun camp activities!