Reports to: Program Director
Purpose: The Archery/Sports Director will plan, direct and implement program in Archery, Sports, and Challenge, in accordance with GSUSA and ACA standards and state regulations, and coordinate that program with total camp program. Will serve as a counselor in a living unit when not at program area.
1. Sets up the archery range and assesses equipment area during staff training.
2. Sets up the sports field and assesses equipment during staff training.
3. Sets up the Low Ropes Challenge Course and assesses equipment during staff training.
4. Teaches and monitors proper use of equipment. Conducts daily check of area and equipment for safety, cleanliness, and good repair and arranges for repairs as needed.
5. Conducts initial and end-of-season inventory, and stores equipment for safety.
6. Writes lesson plans that foster campers? archery/sports skills in relation to Trail Master program.
7. Keeps records on all campers in programs; helps them progress from beginner to advance levels.
8. Learns the likes/dislikes of each camper.
9. Sets a good example for campers and others including cleanliness, punctuality, sharing clean-up and chores, sportsmanship, and table manners.
10. Recognizes and responds to opportunities for problem-solving in the group.
11. Helps each camper meet the goals established by the camp for camper development.
12. Assists in supervising all assigned aspects of the campers? day including morning reveille, kapers, meal times, rest hour, evening activities, getting ready for bed, and after-hours duty as assigned.
13. Formally evaluates staff at least twice a season, conducting other evaluations as necessary.
14. Encourages respect for personal property, camp equipment and facilities.
15. Evaluates current season and makes suggestions for following seasons.
16. Prepares for and actively participates in staff training.
17. Other duties as assigned
This is a full-time summer position with meals and lodging included, as well as access to fun camp activities! Season dates are June 25, 2014 to August 13, 2014. Please apply online via the link below.