Reports to: Unit Leader and Program Director
PURPOSE: Supervises and cares for campers in the unit and in other areas of camp; teaches and guides campers in planning and carrying out creative program under supervision of Unit Leader. Also instructs in the archery program when needed.
1. Learns the likes/dislikes of each camper.
2. Recognizes and responds to opportunities for problem-solving in the group.
3. Helps each camper meet the goals established by the camp for camper development.
4. Assists in guiding unit, group, and individual campers in participating successfully in all aspects of camp activities.
5. Carries out established roles for supervising camper health and safety.
6. Assists in developing girl-driven unit activity plans with campers.
7. Assist in the archery range and assesses equipment area during staff training.
8. Teaches and monitors proper use of equipment. Conducts daily check of area and equipment for safety, cleanliness, and good repair, and arranges for repairs, as needed.
9. Help conduct initial and end-of-season inventory, and stores equipment for safety.
10. Deliver lesson plans that foster campers’ archery/sports skills in relation to Trail Master program.
11. Keeps records on all campers in programs; helps them progress from beginner to advanced levels.
12. Assists in supervising all assigned aspects of the campers’ day, including morning reveille, kapers, meal times, rest hour, evening activities, getting ready for bed, and after-hours duty, as assigned.
13. Instructs campers in emergency procedures such as fire drills.
14. Prepares for and actively participates in staff trainings and meetings.
15. Sets a good example for campers and others, including cleanliness, punctuality, sharing clean-up and chores, sportsmanship, and table manners.
16. Encourages respect for personal property, camp equipment and facilities.
17. Assists with opening and closing camp, making inventories and reports.
18. Other duties as assigned.