Want to spend your summer learning, discovering, growing, laughing, connecting, BELONGING?
You can do all of this ? and help girls and families do the same ? with a summer position at Camp Pondicherry. It?s hard to beat a summer spent in our inspirational outdoor community setting, learning the skills employers are seeking.
REPORTS TO: Food Service Director
PURPOSE: Responsible for assisting Food Service Director to provide balanced, nutritional meals and snacks to campers and staff and maintaining a kitchen that meets all state regulations and ACA standards.
1. Assists in preparing all meals in a timely fashion.
2. Maintains a safe, clean kitchen and assures that all equipment is in proper working order.
3. Assists in maintaining appropriate inventory of food and supplies. Limits amount of waste.
4. Cleans and prepares food service area for use. Closes kitchen down at end of camp including proper storage of all supplies and equipment.
5. Maintains proper records such as daily milk count, inventory, dishwashing temps, refrigerator temps, etc.
6. Works with staff on packouts, food amounts, and menus.
7. Oversees the proper storage and preparation of food to prevent illness.
8. Evaluates current season and makes recommendations for next season.
9. Other duties as assigned.
This is a full-time summer position with meals and lodging included, as well as access to fun camp activities! Season dates are June 25, 2014 to August 13, 2014. Please apply online via the link below.
Position located at Camp Pondicherry in Bridgton, Maine.
Acceptance of and adherence to the purpose and principles of Girl Scouting as embodied in the Promise, Law, and program emphasis. Willingness to become a registered member of the organization.
At least 18 years of age
Able to withstand the day to day rigors of meal preparation and long hours in the kitchen.
Experience cooking for large groups
Good time management and organizational skills
Ability to work well with others
Knowledge of standards of food preparation and serving, and kitchen procedures
A fun summer in a beautiful outdoor setting in Maine, helping to assure girls have a safe and memorable time at camp.You will also have access to swimming in a pristine pond, canoeing/funyaking, and hiking trails.Meals and lodging are included.
How to apply: by Email, by Mail, by Fax, Apply Online
JobsInME.com's mission is to help job seekers find real, local, jobs in Maine and reach their career goals.
With JobsInME.com, job seekers can conveniently search jobs by location, category, duration, and more. Users can also browse jobs by category and/or city. All employment opportunities are conveniently organized to facilitate the search of jobs - including full-time, part-time and temporary positions, as well as seasonal and volunteer work. Job seekers can save their custom search preferences, and even choose to receive automated Job Alert emails on a daily or weekly basis.
JobsInME.com is Maine's number one resource for job seekers and employers, offering insightful advice and articles through our award-winning newsletters and social media channels. JobsInME.com is actively involved in the communities we serve, partnering with local chambers of commerce, sports teams, trade associations and career centers, and attending local career fairs and business-to-business events.