Purpose: The Program Instructor will plan, direct, and implement program in one of the Trail Master Program areas and assume unit responsibilities when not in the program area. Program Areas: Archery/Sports, Arts/Crafts, Boating/Swimming, Outdoor Living/Nature/Hiking, Theater. *Training provided in many areas*
1. Sets up program area during staff training.
2. Teaches and monitors proper use of equipment. Conducts daily check of area and equipment for safety, cleanliness, and good repair and arranges for repairs as needed.
3. Writes lesson plans that will foster growth of campers? skills in relation to the Trail Master skill levels.
4. Keeps records on all campers; helps them progress from beginner to advance levels.
5. Learns the likes/dislikes of each camper.
6. Sets a good example for campers and others including cleanliness, punctuality, sharing clean-up and chores, sportsmanship, and table manners.
7. Recognizes and responds to opportunities for problem-solving in the group.
8. Helps each camper meet the goals established by the camp for camper development.
9. Assists in supervising all assigned aspects of the campers? day including morning reveille, kapers, meal times, rest hour, evening activities, getting ready for bed, and after-hours duty as assigned.
10. Evaluates current season and makes suggestions for following seasons.
11. Prepares for and actively participates in staff training.
12. Encourages respect for personal property, camp equipment and facilities.
13. Assists with opening and closing camp, making inventories and reports.
14. Other duties as assigned.