1. Ensures each staff member/camper has a current health history and examination form on file and assists in maintenance of these records for the duration of the camp season.
2. Participates in efficient check-in system for health screening/medications for arriving campers/staff. Participates in efficient health incident consultations/medication check-out during camper/staff departure.
3. Conducts an inventory of supplies at the beginning and end of each camp season.
4. Sets up/maintains health center as friendly and practical area to deal with camper/staff health concerns, including overnight accommodations, when required. Sets up/maintains satellite infirmary in Chalet.
5. Submits requisition orders to Camp Director for supplies, ensuring timely arrival of materials.
6. Establishes and follows appropriate medical procedures: record-keeping in daily medical log; disposal of medical waste; managing/safeguarding medications and distribution; utilizing standing orders.
7. Posts daily hours for daily medications and health calls.
8. Responds to camper/staff health concerns promptly, no matter the time of day or night. Assures can be contacted by Camp Director and other staff AT ALL TIMES.
9. Makes appointments with medical/dental personnel and escorts campers/staff to appointments.
10. Develops and maintains first aid kits ? one for each campsite, program area, kitchen/dining hall, and camp office.
11. Participates in and leads specific areas of staff training pertaining to camp health and safety.
12. Completes accident/incident reports as soon as possible after accident/incident and gives to Camp Director.
13. Supervises all campers who are required to stay in the health center.
14. Monitors health of all campers and camp staff during camp season.
15. Assists in packing all materials and supplies for winter storage at the end of the season.
16. Prepares a summary and evaluation of the camp season including inventories, staff evaluations, camper reports on health problems, and makes recommendations for the following season.
17. Monitors/evaluates camp procedures, facilities and conditions in the camp.
18. Other duties as assigned.