Responsibilities – TRIP LEADER:
1. Assists in set up Outdoor Living/Nature/Hiking areas during staff training.
2. Monitors use of equipment; conducts equipment checks for safety/cleanliness/good repair; arranges for needed repairs.
3. Conducts initial and end-of-season inventory, and stores equipment for safety.
4. Writes trip lesson plans that will foster campers’ skills in relation to Trail Master skill levels & specific trip.
5. Leads trips off camp property, following and with a thorough understanding of all safety regulations and guidelines necessary for safe and successful trips.
6. Keeps records on all campers; helps them progress to advanced levels.
7. Submits requisition for equipment and supplies when needed, ensuring timely arrival of materials.
Responsibilities – unit leader:
1. Guides activities and experiences in the unit through use of camp government, by girls/for girls planning, and the Girl Scout program. Assists in guiding unit, group and individual campers in participating successfully in all aspects of camp activities. Coordinates unit activities with those of the entire camp.
2. Greets campers/parents on first day of camp; sets positive, nurturing tone; answers parent’s questions. Maintains communication with parents throughout week about camper issues/concerns, if necessary. During check-out, meets briefly with parents about their camper’s week.
3. Prepares unit for new campers by ensuring the removal of personal items or trash left by previous session campers.
4. Enforces camp safety regulations; instructs campers in emergency procedures such as fire drills, evacuations, etc.
5. Ensures the welfare of each individual in the unit and does everything possible to solve problems; informs the Camp Director or Assistant Camp Director of any camper or staff issues/concerns.
6. Helps ensure morale of staff by monitoring that unit staff get enough rest, time off and recreational opportunities.
Responsibilities – general:
1. Sets good example for others; recognizes and responds to opportunities for problem-solving in group; helps campers meet goals established for camper development; assists in supervising all aspects of campers’ day.
2. Evaluates current season and makes suggestions for following seasons.
3. Prepares for and actively participates in staff training.
4. Encourages respect for personal property, camp equipment and facilities.
5. Other duties as assigned.