Position: International Non-Profit Sales Associate
Department: Employer Sales
Reports To: Regional Sales Manager
Location: Portland, ME / Seattle, WA / Chicago, IL / Minneapolis, MN / Milwaukee, WI / or Virginia Beach, VA
A nonprofit, non-governmental organization, CIEE is the world leader in international education and exchange. For 65 years CIEE has helped thousands of people gain the knowledge and skills necessary to live and work in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world by offering the most comprehensive, relevant, and valuable exchange programs available. Serving over 300 U.S. College and University consortium members, CIEE operates sixty study centers in over forty countries that support study abroad programs for over 6,000 students annually. In addition, as the largest sponsor for U.S. Department of State J-1 Visa programs, CIEE helps nearly 25,000 international students participate in U.S. based exchange programs annually. CIEE programs and services span study abroad, teach abroad, international faculty development seminars, and inbound exchange study, work, and internship programs for today?s high school and university students, professionals, and educators.
We lead a robust community of international program providers and sponsors through innovation, exemplary service and exceptional efficiency. Our success depends on having the very best professionals. CIEE is committed to recruiting and retaining the best people in the industry, particularly those who are passionate about international education, are self-starters with high levels of energy and autonomy, and are dedicated to exceed expectations in every challenge.
Summary of Position:
CIEE is a not-for-profit international exchange organization that was established in 1947. CIEE is designated by the U.S. Department of State as a sponsor of the Work & Travel USA program. The program was designed to enable international students to experience the U.S. first-hand while working in seasonal jobs. CIEE is seeking a qualified professional with excellent time management skills, confidence, and flexibility to serve as an International Non-Profit Sales Associate. This individual will be responsible for selling seasonal staffing services to businesses in the U.S. in a way that aligns with CIEE?s mission and values. This position can be located in our Portland, Maine headquarters or in Seattle, WA, Virginia Beach, VA, Chicago, IL, Minneapolis, MN or Milwaukee, WI.
· Sell CIEE?s Work & Travel USA program to prospective businesses
· Create strategic territory and account management plans
· Prospect and cold call to collect relevant information about employer needs
· Provide consultation on hiring needs and creating a successful J-1 program
· Obtain commitments from employers to hire J-1 student workers through CIEE hiring services by presenting a tailored hiring solution to meet each employer?s unique need
· Promote CIEE at regional and national tradeshows
· Manage relationships with local business organizations such as chambers of commerce
· Establish new relationships that encourage community involvement
· Educate organizations about the Summer Work/Travel program
· Coordinate events for local stakeholders
· Hire program participants for employers ? hiring may be in person overseas or via webcam
· Maintain an accurate and complete sales database
· Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
· Bachelors degree required
· 1-3 years of sales experience required, B2B and human capital solutions preferred
- International travel and/or work experience preferred
- Recruitment/Human Resource experience preferred
- Computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Energetic, personable, goal and team oriented
- A passion for creating opportunities for our students
This role involves domestic and international travel. International travel may total four weeks a year and domestic travel may be an additional six weeks.
Due to federal regulations a background check will be conducted as a condition of employment.
Interested candidates please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please note ?International Non-Profit Sales Associate? in the subject line. We will contact those candidates we would like to meet with to further discuss this exciting opportunity. Due to high volume we are unable to respond personally to each candidate. No phone calls please.