Certified Diabetes Educator RD-Endocrinology & Diabetes
Maine Medical Partners |
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
- Although this vacancy is for a Diabetes RD Educator, RNs with Diabetes education experience will also be considered.
If the selected candidate is a Diabetes RD Educator and does not currently have their certification, the expectation is that it will be obtained within 2 years.
- Position Summary
- Under general supervision of the Clinical Manager and Medical Director, responsible for performing nutritional assessments as well as assessing diabetes educational needs. Plans, implements and evaluates nutritional plans and diabetes education for patients with diabetes and their family members in both individual and group settings.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent
- Current Maine State Dietician license. Registered Dietician Status by commission of Dietetic Registration.
- Currently certified or in process of achieving certification as a diabetes educator.
- 2 years' experience as a practicing dietician
- Current BLS certification
- Knowledge and solid understanding of nutritional assessment including the ability to evaluate anthropometric, biochemical data and cultural, socioeconomic implications on eating habits. Practices nutritional care in accordance with the standards of the American Dietetic Association, American Diabetes Association and the American Heart Association.
- Analytical abilities necessary to evaluate and revise educational programs based upon experience and patient performance.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to conduct formal education programs to counsel patients and family members.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience working with computers.
Job Code: 100025574
Posted On: 2017-10-08 14:27:37
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Categories: Other, Healthcare
Job Type: Regular
Job Status: Part Time
Additional Contact Info