Retail Loan Processor II
Maine Community Bancorp | Biddeford, ME
Please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The Retail Loan Processor II is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of all residential mortgage and consumer loans and related documentation through closing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responds to customer, attorney, realtor, etc. inquiries concerning loan rates, products or application status.
- Provides prompt, courteous service to customers.
- Refers prospective customers to the Loan Officers or other Bank staff members as appropriate.
- Refers problems and complaints to the Loan Operations Supervisor.
Process loan applications:
- Communicates with borrowers to follow up for missing required documentation.
- Communicates with Loan Officer as necessary.
- Receives and reviews completed residential and consumer loan application files.
- Verifies that application data is complete and meets established standards.
- Updates information on the system throughout processing.
- Prepares and mails applicable verification/information requests; monitor until all information is received.
- Orders property appraisal in compliance with the bank’s appraisal policy and procedures (if applicable).
- Orders title request and flood certification (if applicable); monitor until completed appraisal and certifications are received.
- Mails disclosure statements on a timely basis; requests documentation or other information as needed.
- Reviews all loan information and documents to ensure compliance with secondary market guidelines.
- Prepares all documentation and when complete, forwards to the appropriate Loan Officer or title company for closing.
- Processes and prepares closing documentation for all loans.
- Refers problems or unusual situations to the Loan Operations Supervisor.
- Complies with all Federal and State banking regulations and all Bank and department policies and procedures.
- Meets or exceeds established objectives and standards for loan processor performance.
- Prepares residential mortgage and consumer loan denial letters.
- Assists with loan servicing functions as necessary.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Reports to the Loan Operations Supervisor on regulatory issues and recommends responsive action as appropriate.
- Complies with all Federal and State banking regulations and all Bank and department operating and security policies and procedures, including information security.
- Participates in community organizations and events.
- Represents the bank in the community.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work as a team player
- Must maintain a positive attitude
- Must have good listening ability and skills
- Must be able to prioritize and organize work flow
- Must have good attention to detail
- Must be able to handle multiple jobs
- Must have the ability to think through a problem, following proper steps in finding resolution
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with multiple computer application, specifically word processing and spreadsheets
- Must be professional in attire
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by the Incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand for extended periods of time, and use hands and fingers extensively to operate a standard computer keyboard and working at a computer monitor. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to spend extended periods of time operating a computer keyboard and working at a computer monitor.
- Must be able to lift files and other documents of approximately 20 pounds.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods more than four hours per day.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the incumbent encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Usual office conditions. Noise level is usually quiet.
QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED FOR POSITION:
Experience and Skill Requirements: The following experience and skills are considered essential:
- More than 1 year of experience is desired.
- Experience in secondary market operations is desirable.
- Computer literate, with specific experience in word processing, spreadsheet and loan processing applications.
- Must be able to read and work with computer print-out reports.
- Must be able to use the telephone to converse with customers for extended periods of time; must be able to communicate clearly by telephone; must have good listening ability and skills.
- Must be able to prioritize and organize work flow; must have good attention to detail; must be able to handle multiple jobs.
- Must have the ability to think through a problem, following proper steps in finding resolution.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: The following education requirements are considered essential:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience.
** All requirements and skills are considered to be essential, unless otherwise indicated. **
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.