Custodian II Casual
Goodwill Industries of Northern New England | Portland, ME
Custodian II Casual
Feel good about where you work!
Goodwill Northern New England is an influential social enterprise that creates jobs, delivers needed services for people with diverse challenges, and uses environmentally friendly products and processes — all while earning revenue to pay for and expand innovative workforce services in Maine, New Hampshire and northern Vermont. We operate retail stores, employment services, neuro rehabilitation centers, residences for people needing 24/7 support and cleaning/property services.
Goodwill Northern New England — good works here!
Starting Hourly Wage $10.68
• Provides general cleaning of assigned facilities in accordance with Agency and/or contract specifications.
• Represents the Agency in all interactions with other members of the Goodwill community and with the general public, supporting the agency Vision of creating sustainable communities that thrive through the fullest participation of their diverse residents.
• Furthers the organizational commitment to triple bottom line results: integrating social, economic and environmental goals into thinking, planning and actions.
• Maintains communication with supervisor on a consistent basis, keeping them informed of areas of improvement.
• Maintains equipment/supplies.
• Maintains a high standard of personal appearance.
• Maintains floors and carpets by operating high and low speed scrubbers and carpet extractors.
• Maintains security of the building by being able to secure/lock the facility and set the alarm.
• Maintains cleanliness of assigned areas such as restrooms, offices, floors/carpets and hallways; using proper cleaning agents, standard custodial practices and operating high and low speed scrubbers and carpet extractors.
• Fills soap dispensers, refills paper towel racks and distributes toilet paper and other supplies as necessary.
• Recycles paper, aluminum cans, cardboard and other recyclable materials at assigned site(s), where applicable
• Where applicable, maintains outside areas including sweeping, maintaining lawns and picnic areas; picks up debris from the grounds and performs snow removal.
To be considered please complete our online application by clicking the "apply Online" link below. www.goodwillnne.org
- Ability to engage in physical activity including standing, walking and descending stairs
- Be able to be on your feet for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Criminal background check to meet agency requirements
- Must have a valid driver's license
Min Starting Pay