The Chief Lending Officer will be responsible for strategically managing all credit union loan origination and portfolio management functions to include: Consumer, Real Estate, Credit Cards and Collections. The role will be to focus on loan growth, secondary market activities, risk management and working with other team leaders to utilize innovation in service delivery and internal processes. The CLO will oversee the loan portfolio by establishing and overseeing prudent policies, procedures and compliance activities that align with regulatory controls. Saco Valley CU seeks a talented executive to be accountable for ensuring continued growth, profitability, and competitiveness in the marketplace; including actively assessing and pursuing new lending opportunities.
- The position will require a minimum of 7 years relevant work experience with an emphasis in Real Estate lending.
- High degree of knowledge and proficiency in all material aspects of residential mortgage loan underwriting, origination, and servicing function, together with a comprehensive and in-depth understanding of all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Commercial Lending experience a plus.
- Effective communication skills including leadership ability.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strategic thinking and creative solution development.
- Must possess an active NMLS Licensure within 30 days of hire.