Peer-to-Peer Financial Literacy Coordinator & Educator
University of Maine Farmington | Farmington, ME
The Employer has temporarily removed this postingWork Schedule
Monday-Friday 8am- 4:30pm
Financial Aid - FFIAI
Salary Band/Wage Band
Statement of Job
Peacefully nestled in the spectacular lakes & mountains region of western Maine, UMF is Maines public liberal arts college, offering quality programs in teacher education, human services and arts and sciences. The campus is in historic downtown Farmington, just a short walk away from coffee shops, funky stores, restaurants, banks, bookstores, a multi-screen movie theater and a whole lot more. Our perfect location combines the active outdoor lifestyle with the arts & smarts of a small college town.
The University of Maine Farmington is seeking applicants for the position of Peer-to-Peer Financial Literacy Coordinator & Educator for the Financial Aid department.
The Coordinator of Peer-to-Peer Financial Literacy and Education serves as the chief coordinator for a five year $1.2M grant funded UMS Peer-to-Peer Financial Literacy Program. This position reports to the UMF Director of Financial Aid, and collaborates with campus leadership and allies to champion financial literacy throughout the state. Essential to program success will be this positions ability to: harness the leverage of peer education, expand the multi-year program in scope and impact over five years, measure effectiveness, provide grant reporting, manage and mentor students, and advance best practices for financial literacy.
This position assumes other tasks and responsibilities essential to program innovation, success, and adaptability to campus needs. Within a context of the university system setting undergoing transformation, this position is expected to promote student focused solutions.
* Develop and implement the Peer-to-Peer Financial Literacy Program to full capacity over five years across the University of Maine System and beyond.
Adopt and deliver a multi-faceted financial literacy curriculum grounded in current research, trends, and best practices.
Design program collateral and communications plan.
Manage grant budget and operations, and provide periodic reports on program impact.
Establish and manage an annual Summer Peer Financial Educator Camp on the UMF campus to train students from participating institutions who will lead and help staff the programs at campuses across the University of Maine System.
Collaborate with identified leadership at peer system campuses to recruit participants and coordinate peer financial educators at multiple campuses.
Develop assessments that analyze program effectiveness using internal data collection and tracking student involvement and outcomes to undertake continuous program refinement and improvement.
Establish and steward a diverse range of partnerships with educational entities like FAME, ASA, MELMAC Education Foundation, JumpStart, the Maine Counseling Association Network, Maine Association of Student Financial Administrators, and the Mitchell Institute.
Ability to accommodate for regular travel to other campuses, training venues, and off-site meetings.
* Bachelors degree
* Strong written communication and public speaking skills.
* A self-starter who is self-directed, works independently, and can also collaborate with multiple stakeholders.
* Values the importance of peer-to-peer financial education.
* Ability to maintain professional demeanor, attitude and communication through all aspects of the program.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality with student and familys private personal financial information.
* Ability to handle a variety of tasks, with good time management skills
* Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
* Maintain a valid drivers license.
* Experience with peer education.
* Experience teaching and/or supervising students.
* Experience with managing a program, a budget, and grants.
* Demonstrated ability to build support and coalitions with partners.
Materials must be submitted via "Apply for Position." Please create an applicant profile, complete a briefapplication,upload the following (3 separate documents):
* Cover letter which fully describes your qualifications and experiences with specific reference to the required and preferred qualifications.
* Resume/curriculum vitae.
* Contact information for three professional references.
Review of applications will begin immediately. For full consideration please submit a complete application by Monday, December 4, 2017. Materials received on or after that date will be considered at the discretion of the university.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
UMFis an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The University of Maine at Farmingtondoes not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, including transgender status and gender expression, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information or veterans status in employment, education, and all other programs and activities.
Fiscal Year (12 Months)
Cover Letter, References, Resume/CV