Perioperative Services Tech I-Surgery/OR
Maine Medical Center | Portland, ME
- Position Summary
- The PST performs direct and indirect patient care in the Perioperative setting and assists in maintaining a clean and safe environment.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- High School Diploma or equivalent with two years work experience required.
- Ability to anticipate, prioritize and coordinate work in a high stress, fast paced environment required.
- Which involves responding to emergency situations and tight schedules.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge helpful.
- Willing to work on rotating shifts.
- Requires 3 to 6 weeks of on the job training in order to become familiar with:
- Physical plant and operating room procedures including
- Principles of asepsis
- Operation of OR beds and equipment
- Case cart checking procedures
- Names of surgical instruments and equipment
- Safe handling of O2 tanks.
Job Code: 105581
Posted On: 12/05/17
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Categories: Information Technology, Healthcare
Job Type: Regular
Job Status: Full Time
Additional Contact Info