Lab Assistant II-LH Damariscotta Clin Lab
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
- Position Summary
- Under the guidance of theSpecimen Management Supervisor/Shift Supervisor, performs pre-analyticprocessing of specimens received in the laboratory. Interacts professionally with patients, clients, and co-workers throughout theorganization(s). Accurately performs all tasks associated with processing ofspecimens from receipt through appropriate distribution to the testing areas.Dependent upon the level of the position, will perform more specialized dutiesrelated to dispatch, order entry, phlebotomy, referrals, generalist functions,and special studies.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Minimum High School education required. Healthcare experience and completion ofphlebotomy training or prior phlebotomy experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of wordprocessing software (e.g. Word) and demonstrated ability to learn and workefficiently with a variety of computer applications/systems as well as theability to learn and work efficiently with a variety of laboratory computersystems.
- Oral and written communicationneeds to be professional, clear and concise.
- Successfully demonstrates competencies in the position in accordance with the established assessment for the position.
- Must be able to work any shift,holiday and/or weekend as needed.
- Must be able to travel amongcompany sites as needed.
Job Code: 106733
Posted On: 2018-02-17 05:05:32
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Categories: Other, Healthcare
Job Type: Regular
Job Status: Per Diem
Additional Contact Info