Lab Assistant III- Maine Medical Center Campus
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
- Position Summary
- Under the guidance of the Specimen Management Supervisor/Shift Supervisor, performs pre-analytic processing of specimens received in the laboratory. Interacts professionally with patients, clients, and co-workers throughout the organization(s). Accurately performs all tasks associated with processing of specimens from receipt through appropriate distribution to the testing areas. Dependent upon the level of the position, will perform more specialized duties related to dispatch, order entry, phlebotomy, referrals, generalist functions, and special studies.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Minimum High School education required. Healthcare experience and completion of phlebotomy training or prior phlebotomy experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of word processing software (e.g. Word) and demonstrated ability to learn and work efficiently with a variety of computer applications/systems as well as the ability to learn and work efficiently with a variety of laboratory computer systems.
- Oral and written communication needs to be professional, clear and concise.
- Successfully demonstrates competencies in the position in accordance with the established assessment for the position.
- Must be able to work any shift, holiday and/or weekend as needed.
- Must be able to travel among company sites as needed.
Job Code: 106233
Posted On: 2018-02-24 01:26:16
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Type: Regular
Job Status: Full Time
Additional Contact Info