Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Penobscot Community Health Care | Jackman, ME
Helen Hunt Health Center is the epitome of quality, integrated health care. HHHC offers services in Care Management, Chiropractic, Dental, Family Medicine, Mental Health, Nutrition, Pediatrics, Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, Podiatry, Walk-In Care, and X-ray.
Our vision for success at PCHC is a community in which everyone has access to quality, cost effective health care, where people are empowered to advocate for their personal goals and needs and are supported by community based resources, and where health encompasses physical and emotional wellness, personal dignity and a sense of belonging.
At PCHC, we are able to provide a great work/life balance, competitive compensation, a surplus of benefits, loan repayment, and much more to our Providers. The ideal candidate for this position would be someone that is driven and passionate about our Mission, and the Maine communities we serve.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
1. Knowledge of the professional medical practice and care to give and evaluate patient care.
2. Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations and procedures to administer patient care.
3. Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
4. Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and techniques of medicine to provide on-going patient care. Skill in taking medical history, assessing medical condition and interpreting findings.
5. Skill in preparing and maintaining records, writing reports, and responding to correspondence.
6. Skill in developing and maintaining quality assurance. Ability to maintain quality control standards.
7. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
8. Ability to communicate clearly.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a medical practice setting.
Normal medical office environment.
Involves frequent contact with staff, patients and the public.
Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with people who are angry or upset.
Working extended hours may be required as needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Graduation from an accredited Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant program.
Current license to practice medicine as a Nurse Practitioner or Certified Physician Assistant in the State of Maine.
Current DEA license.
Will have up-to-date training and certification in Basic Life Support issued by American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Health & Safety Institute. Must obtain with 3 months if not current at hire.
Minimum of two years experience as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant with background in Community Health and Family Practice Preferred.