Southern Maine Health Care | Biddeford, ME
Southern Maine Health Care
Full Time, Night Shift
Now offering increased starting pay rate!
Southern Maine Healthcare is currently seeking candidates to fill a full-time Security Officer position in Biddeford, ME. The position is responsible forpatrolling the building and grounds, preventing and/or detecting fire, theft, vandalism, illegal entry and unsafe conditions and practices. The Security Officer will be called upon to assist hospital employees to prevent combative and/or destructive patients from injuring themselves and other people and/or from destroying hospital property.
- High School graduate or a G.E.D. preferred.
- Post-Secondary education is preferred but not required.
- Valid Maine driver's license.
- Previous experience as a Security Officer in a healthcare setting preferred.
- BLS Certified within one year of employment.
- MOAB certification within one year of employment.
- International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety Basic certification within one year of employment.
- Certification in handcuffing and pepper spray.
- Ability to speak, read, write and follow written and oral instructions.
- Communication skills and clear thinking to communicate with others.
About Southern Maine Health Care
The award-winning Southern Maine Health Care (SMHC) system includes a multi-specialty physician group and a full-service medical center in Biddeford (including a special care unit and York County's only inpatient mental health unit). Located in York County, Maine, our system provides emergency care, surgical services, and diagnostic and therapy services at SMHC's Biddeford Medical Center, as well as Walk-In Care centers, a birthing suite, cancer care, pain management, centers for breast care and sleep disorders, eldercare services, rehabilitation programs, preventive/wellness services, community education and support programs.
At Southern Maine Health Care, you'll find the best of both worlds: the friendliness and natural beauty of southern Maine, and the opportunity to work with the best resources and technology healthcare has to offer. Our organization and staff play an integral role in improving the health of the people in the communities we serve, through volunteerism and outreach programs. As a member of the MaineHealth system, SMHC offers a breadth and depth of services, facilities and training that provide opportunities for both personal and professional growth.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Job Code: 107243
Posted On: 01/17/18
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Categories: Facilities, Professional Services, Other
Job Type: Regular
Job Status: Full Time
Additional Contact Info