Medical Technologist (MT/MLT) - Sign On Bonus
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
NorDx is seeking Medical Technologists (MT) or Medical Lab Technicians (MLT) to join our quality-driven, customer-focused team. Our success is the result of the expertise and dedication of our staff, and it is their skills and professionalism that set us apart from our competitors. This position is based at Maine Medical Center.
Positions are eligible for a $5,000 Sign-on Bonus, relocation assistance and temporary housing if needed.
The Medical Technologist and Medical Lab Technician independently perform detailed and complex analyses of patient specimens. The position recognizes problems, identifies causes (technical, instrument or physiological), synthesizes alternatives and determines solutions. S/he confirms, interprets, correlates, verifies and reports normal and abnormal patient results based on an in-depth knowledge of instrument functions, physiological principles and disease conditions. The position trains and monitors other clinical laboratory personnel, as well as uses laboratory computer systems to obtain relevant patient information and input test results.
Requirements for Medical Technologist:
- Knowledge of clinical laboratory functions, practices and procedures acquired through a Baccalaureate degree in Medical Technology and certified.
Requirements for Medical Laboratory Technician:
- Two-year Medical Laboratory Associates degree from an accredited college, and certified.
Requirements for Clinical Laboratory Technician:
- Baccalaureate degree in science or life sciences required, with at least one year experience in a Laboratory setting as a Phlebotomist or Lab Assistant.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Certification as a medical technologist (or equivalent) or as a categorical technologist (e.g., C, H, I, BB, M) by a recognized professional organization (e.g., ASCP, AMT) is preferred.
Candidates must be able to work any shift, holiday and/or weekend and travel among company sites as needed.
- Ability to exchange correct information within the organization in a courteous, considerate, and timely manner.
- Ability to work with colleagues in a changing work environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work productively and utilize company resources appropriately for efficient and cost-effective operations.
- Demonstrated continuous improvement of knowledge and skills.
- Personal drive for excellence and willingness to help others.
- Commitment to providing the highest level of service to all internal and external customers and delivered in a manner that builds credibility and trust.
- Ability to reflect and uphold the highest level of personal and professional standards needed to ensure both an ethical and successful organization.
As part of MaineHealth, Maine's largest employer, we offer a comprehensive benefits program, including: company paid health and dental insurance; vision insurance; 401(k); tuition assistance; Paid Time Off Program and discounted home and auto insurance. You'll also enjoy the employee discounts you'll receive with our 'Perks Card' and neat benefits like discounts on pet insurance, cell phones and more!
About NorDx Laboratories
An integral part of MaineHealth, NorDx is the largest regional laboratory in the state and Maine's premier clinical laboratory. Our quality-driven, customer focused team provides a full range of laboratory services to hospitals, networks, physician offices, post-acute and long-term care providers, managed care organizations and employer groups throughout the region. Our full-service laboratory and home office are located in Scarborough, Maine. However, we provide full laboratory services to all MaineHealth facilities across the state, as well as over 25 patient service centers throughout Maine and southern New Hampshire. The NorDx family includes more than 700 professionals in phlebotomy, lab assisting, medical technology and administration.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Job Code: 107649
Posted On: 2018-03-21 01:29:53
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Categories: Healthcare, Science
Job Type: Regular
Job Status: Full Time
Additional Contact Info