Medical Assistant, Cardiology
Maine Medical Partners |
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
Maine Medical Partners has an exciting opportunity for a Medical Assistant located in Scarborough, ME. This position is assigned duties and responsibilities related to patient care in a team-based ambulatory practice environment. The Medical Assistant functions under the license of the provider when performing clinical and other patient care tasks. S/He demonstrates competency in all skills related to the performance of patient care within their scope of practice and according to organizational policies, accrediting and licensing bodies.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
About Maine Medical Partners
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program required with completion of 160 hours clinical experience acquired through a MA externship; or equivalent criteria minimum of 2 years MA clinical experience in a multi-physician medical practice required.
- Current BLS required.
- Certified Medical Assistant or Registered Medical Assistant credentialing preferred.
- Skill in time management, problem solving, multitasking, prioritizing and medical care coordination.
- Ability to maintain personal and professional records that include evaluation and validation of clinical competency/proficiency, continuing education and certifications.
- Ability to project and maintain a professional image.
- Ability to demonstrate compassion and caring when dealing with others.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to excel in a team-based care environment.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of electronic medical records.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and medical office procedures.
Founded in 1995, Maine Medical Partners is Maine's largest multi-specialty medical group, providing a wide range of primary, specialty and sub-specialty care through a network of more than 40 locations in and around Greater Portland. We pride ourselves on improving the health of our community through excellence in clinical care, education and research.
Coastal Maine's breathtaking bays, ports and ocean beaches provide unique outdoor adventure experiences every season of the year. You can easily enjoy day trips to area towns, explore surrounding parks, hike, ski, swim, bike, sail, golf, or even canoe or kayak Maine's beautiful rivers and lakes.
Portland offers the best of urban sophistication combined with small town friendliness. Just two hours north of Boston, this is an exceptionally diverse and lively community.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Job Code: 103082
Posted On: 2018-02-16 06:45:58
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Type: Regular
Job Status: Full Time
Additional Contact Info