Care Manager-MaineHealth Accountable Care Organization
MaineHealth Corporate | Springvale, ME
This position will be based at Maine Behavioral Healthcare in their Springvale office and will require travel within southern Maine. Schedule will be Monday - Friday, four 8 hour days per week.
- The RN Care Manager is responsible for managing high risk patients to promote effective education, self-management support, and timely healthcare delivery to achieve optimal quality and financial outcomes, as well as being key to ensure safe and effective transfers in the movement of patients across the health care continuum, serving as the bridge between the professional staff in a care setting (e.g. hospital) and the patient and/or family. In this role as a patient educator, advocate and patient empowerment facilitator, the RN Care Manager provides information and guidance to the patient and/or family for improved self-management skills, an effective care transition, and enhanced patient-practitioner communication.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Licensed at the RN level by the Maine State Board of Nursing, BSN preferred.
- Ability to work both independently and to collaborate with teams of individuals in diverse setting.
- Minimum of three years of direct clinical experience preferred; care management or home health experience preferred.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills. Excellent organizational skills.
- Current BLS certification.
- Knowledge of nursing processes, health care systems, structure and functions and community resources.
- Knowledge of medical record documentation requirements and federal/state laws related to release of health care information.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Skill in accessing and evaluating the available resources to meet a patients needs.
- Proficient computer skills with knowledge of EPIC or other related EMR.
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality and work with patients/families of all ages in a variety of settings, including office, facility and patients homes presenting diverse physician conditions and social/cultural environments.
- Ability to read & interpret physicians orders and notes.
- Ability to maintain a professional manner even under stressful situations. Ability and willingness to self-motivate, prioritize, and be willing to change processes to improve effectiveness efficiently. Adapts to changing organizational priorities.
- Ability to drive to and from a variety of settings in varying weather conditions.
Job Code: 108038
Posted On: 01/23/18
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Type: Regular
Job Status: Part Time
Additional Contact Info