Anatomic Pathology Secretary
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
- Position Summary
- Performs routine secretarial duties including typing, filing (slides, requisitions and reports), and reception, record keeping, faxing, and processing of legal cases, data entry and specimen tracking. Proofreads and edits all materials for accuracy and clarity. Work is planned and occasionally checked by Assistant Supervisor or Hospital Division Operations Manager or Histology Manager. Discretion and judgment is required in releasing information, managing patient inquiries and organizing own workload to meet established priorities.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Completion of high school or equivalent supplemented with secretarial coursework and one-three months of secretarial or clerical work required. Working knowledge of medical terminology is desirable.
- Proficient at spreadsheet software (e.g. Excel), word processing software (e.g., Word) and presentation software (e.g. Power Point) and should have knowledge of database software (e.g., Access).
- Oral and written communication needs to be professional, clear and concise.
- Successfully demonstrates competencies in the position in accordance with the established assessment for the position.
- Working knowledge of Business English.
- Able to use a variety of basic office equipment.
- Able to maintain alphabetic and/or numeric filing systems.
- Must be able to work any shift, holiday and/or weekend as needed.
- Must be able to travel among company sites as needed.
Job Code: 108062
Posted On: 2018-03-29 15:44:28
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Categories: Admin - Clerical, Healthcare
Job Type: Regular
Job Status: Full Time
Additional Contact Info