Youth & Family Counselor - Saco (West Cottage- A)
Sweetser | Saco, ME
• Saco Campus.
• West Cottage - Staff Intensive A
• Sunday 9:00 am to 10:30 pm
• Monday 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm
• Tuesday 2:00 pm to 10:30 pm
• Thursday 12:00 pm to 10:00 pm
THE IDEAL PERSON WOULD:
• Provide direct care by displaying the role of tutor, role model, cook and source of emotional support.
• Provide assistance by creating and following developmentally appropriate recreational activities.
• Transport clients to home visits, appointments, etc.
• Maintain a safe and effective milieu by participating in the provision of a structured, therapeutic environment.
• Collaborate with staff and families to achieve desired treatment outcomes.
• Desire to work with children in need.
• Clean and valid Maine driver's license.
• Persons with lived experience in the Mental Health and/or Substance Abuse system are encouraged to apply.
• High school diploma or GED with the ability to work with difficult-to-manage youth.
• Capacity to develop a professional orientation to child care.
• Ability to relate to children with warmth and understanding, and have the ability to identify the needs and problems of children.
• Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with other professionals on behalf of youth and their families.
POTENTIAL GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES:
• Higher Level Youth & Family Counselor.
• Supervisory Positions.
• Case Management and Clinical (with education).
OTHER COMMON TITLES:
Direct Care, DSP, Youth & Family Specialist, Psychiatric Technician, Residential Treatment
Sweetser has been providing behavioral health services to children and adults since 1828. A nationally recognized and accredited organization, Sweetser offers a continuum of services that address emotional disturbances, mental illnesses, behavioral disorders, substance abuse issues, and learning disabilities.
Working in more than 75 communities throughout Maine, Sweetser’s clinical staff includes psychiatrists, psychologists, advanced practice psychiatric nurses and licensed clinical social workers, among others. Clinical staff work with a variety of programs designed to improve the health, safety, and quality of life for our clients. Sweetser employees are experienced and many have maintained long careers with the organization.
As part of our dynamic, growing organization, you can help make a difference in the lives of the children, adults and families of Maine. A nationally recognized and accredited leader, we have the resources to help you excel: competitive salaries, a wide range of benefits and a motivated team of more than 700 employees. Find out how Sweetser can make all the difference in your career!