Medical Assistant I- Pediatric Specialty Care - Sign-On Bonus!
Maine Medical Partners |
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
When you join Maine Medical Partners, you may receive the following perks:
- May be eligible for $3,000 sign-on bonus
- New starting pay rates
- 3-tier clinical ladder
Looking for a new team member to join a busy Pediatric Diabetes and Endocrinology practice. The MA will work closely with another medical assistant as well as Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Certified Diabetes Educators, Registered Dieticians, and RN's. Primary responsibilities include patient intake and obtaining vital signs and hemoglobin A1C's. The MA is also responsible for obtaining prior authorizations, ordering supplies and stocking rooms, completing med refill requests, and assisting to maintain regulatory compliance.
- Position Summary
- Responsible for performing a variety of duties in both the clinical and administrative areas including assisting physicians with patient care and handling clerical, environmental and organizational tasks.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- As of January 1, 2008 all newly hired Medical Assistants must have a certificate from an accredited vocational institution, or community college to indicate completion of a course in Medical Assisting.
- Minimum one year experience working in a medical facility as a medical assistant and/or documented evidence of externship completed in a medical office.
- Current BLS required or must be obtained within 3 months from start of employment.
- Knowledge of healthcare field and medical office protocols/procedures.
- Skill in performing medical assistance tasks appropriately.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary for interacting with patients, physicians, supervisors and other staff.
- Ability to organize and accomplish multiple tasks and to have the flexibility to meet changing demands on a daily basis.
- Ability to project a pleasant and professional image even under stressful situations.
- Ability to demonstrate compassion and caring in dealing with others.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proficient computer skills.
Job Code: 108331
Posted On: 2018-12-12 05:32:02
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Type: Regular
Job Status: Full Time
Additional Contact Info