Vocational Services-Employment Specialist IV
Maine Medical Center |
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Principal responsibilities are assisting persons with complex disabilities to find and keep employment. The ES operates as a member of the mental health treatment team and works in collaboration with Community Integration (Adult Case Management) and/or Behavioral Health Home Services. Employee will utilize rehabilitation and supported employment technologies in the career development of an individual. Also serves as a liaison to businesses, developing employer and community relationships in the assigned area. This position is based at Maine Behavioral Healthcare in Biddeford and serves York county. Work is performed with considerable independence. Statewide travel is required.
- Must be able to communicate and contribute in an interdisciplinary team setting.
- M.A. or M.S. in Education and/or Counseling (specialty in rehabilitation and/or career counseling), or a B.A. in a related field with at least five (5) years' experience in supported employment.
- C.R.C. (Certified Rehabilitation Counselor) and/or ACRE Employment Specialist Certification, or ability to obtain certification.
- Knowledge and background: counseling theory, physical and psychological effects of psychiatric disability, socio-economic effects of psychiatric disability, occupational analysis, vocational evaluation and training, and job development. Reflected in one to two years' experience.
- Working knowledge of community, service agencies (local and state), federal agencies, financial benefit programs (SS, SSDI, Worker's Compensation).
- Knowledge of ADA and other employment/disability legislation; i.e. education, employment, accessibility, consumer rights, etc.
- Must demonstrate technical writing ability specific to the rehabilitation field.
- Must be able to complete career development plans with consumers' and family involvement.
Job Code: 108315
Posted On: 02/18/18
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Categories: Human Resources, Healthcare
Job Type: Regular
Job Status: Full Time
Additional Contact Info