Special Education Teacher
Maine Behavioral Healthcare |
South Portland, ME
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
The CADD Day Treatment Program provides integrated, intensive services for children and adolescents with autism or other developmental disorders with emotional or behavioral challenges that are not succeeding in their current school settings. Our goal is to provide an intensive treatment program that prepares a child to return to a less restrictive educational setting. Our expert team of educators and clinicians work with both the child and family to stabilize behaviors and enhance educational functioning in school and at home.
The CADD Day Treatment Special Education Teacher is a member of our multi-disciplinary team participating in weekly multi-disciplinary clinical team meetings and quarterly family meetings. His/her role includes providing direct education to students, as well as, overseeing the Educational Technician III's in his/her classroom.
- Under the supervision of the Director and Special Education Administrator, the Special Education Teacher works as a member of the education team to design and implement designated instructional services to meet the prescribed academic, behavioral, and daily living needs of students in accordance with the IEP and behavior plan and supports each student's progress towards fulfilling State Standards. The Teacher will also be responsible for oversight of meeting state requirements for student testing.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Bachelor's degree in special education or related field required; Master's degree preferred
- 1+ year of teaching experience
- Maine Department of Education: Certification 282 - Teacher of Children with Disabilities
- Demonstrates knowledge and expertise in the development of Individual Education Plans specific to academic goals
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide education and care to students throughout the formative years (ages 5 - 20)
Job Code: 108476
Posted On: 2018-07-11 17:47:02
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Categories: Education, Healthcare
Job Type: Regular
Job Status: Full Time
Additional Contact Info