General Dynamics Bath Iron Works | Bath, ME
Summary - Provide technical and resource management primarily for the Insulating Department across areas of the shipyard.
• Sponsor a safety conscious environment for the Trade by ensuring that safety is the highest priority at all times. Ensure Trade practices/processes are safe, and that every employee is trained to comply with OSHA and the BIW Environmental Health and Safety procedures. Review safety data and implement improvement strategies where required.
• Plan resource requirements and manage solutions to staffing needs through personnel moves, loans, transfers, and hiring/layoff. Work with Area and Trade Management to resolve problems and ensure communication both within the Trade and with internal and external suppilers and customers.
• Maintain an active program of professional and technical development for Trade employees. Identify and resolve skill inadequacies through training, assignment, hiring, etc.
• Meet quality schedule, and cost objectives through sound planning, personnel assignments, training, monitoring weekly metrics, and implementing improvement strategies where required.
• Maintain a professional working environment within the Trade, including expectation setting, accountability, and resolution of personnel issues in a timely manner.
• Ensure that the labor contract is implemented fairly and consistently within the division in all areas of the shipyard.• Be visible on the deck-plates in all areas of the yard to provide support and communication.• Other responsibilities and duties may be assigned within or outside of the Insulating Department based on candidate experience and/or demonstrated abilities.
Bachelor's degree combined with applicable work experience preferred.
• Five or more years of progressive supervisory/management experience in a shipbuilding environment required.• Experience in the manufacturing/shipbuilding environment, with knowledge of insulation/lagging work preferred.• A solid foundation in labor contract administration preferred.• Sound teambuilding skills required.• Excellent administrative and organizational skills required.• Effective interpersonal skills with demonstrated skills in the areas of verbal and written communication required.• Excellent problem solving/decision making skills to include experience in conflict resolution required.• Ability to obtain Secret Security Clearance required.