Inpatient Screening Specialist-Med Access
MaineHealth Corporate |
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
- Position Summary
- This is a professional position which facilitates the provision of quality customer services for clients. This position provides information about the CarePartners/MedAccess programs ,does initial eligibility screening in person, schedules applicants for comprehensive CarePartners/MedAccess intake and enrollment services, or other health related services and referrals as needed and appropriate.
Assists with other tasks related to enrollment, re enrollment, prescription assistance, case management, and other projects as assigned by the Program Coordinator to ensure members can access care as necessary. Provides in depth research and information for programs such as Affordable Care Act, Prescription Assistance Program, and other available community resources.
This position is located inside MMC, both meeting with the patients at bedside and working out of the MMC Pharmacy.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Bachelors or Associate Degree in Social Service or Healthcare field preferred. High School Degree required
- Computer competency that will enable employee to operate project's software system and meet the responsibilities of the position. Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point), Internet usage and DataNet software for PAP applications, if applicable.
- In-depth knowledge of state and federal agencies, community resources, and regulations acquired through no less than 2 years of experience in social/human services, health care management or related field.
- Community Outreach experience and networking.
- Experience with public speaking.
- Experience required to prepare reports, perform calculations, complete forms and write business letters.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively, compassionately and cordially interact with the public including health care providers and applicants.
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening skills in order to explain policies and procedures to applicants, enrollees, providers and the general public.
- Strong customer service, teamwork, resource knowledge and advocacy skills are essential.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Job Code: 111575
Posted On: 2018-08-13 14:10:43
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Categories: Other, Healthcare
Job Type: Regular
Job Status: Full Time
Additional Contact Info