Medical Assistant - Urgent Care
InterMed, P.A. | South Portland, ME
You will join a fast-paced, fast-growing leader in healthcare. You will work for the largest physician-owned primary care practice in the state, which has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Maine for 6 straight years.
You’ll work in a patient centered, collaborative and supportive team oriented environment with great people who are passionate about the care they provide. You’ll inspire others by living out our mission, vision and values while using your clinical knowledge and medical expertise to provide exceptional care to our patients.
How will you do this?
- You will assist providers with patient care
- You will room patients: take vital signs
- You will perform screenings, point of care testing, and immunizations as directed by provider
- You will assist providers with clinical procedures
- You will assist with administrative responsibilities, which may include obtaining lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, and completing forms/requisitions
What’s required to do this?
- Successful completion of Medical Assistant program, CMA or RMA certification within 6 weeks of hire
- Experience in Splinting & Phlebotomy
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Proficient in Windows applications, electronic medical record preferred
- Must successfully be fitted for a N95 mask
As an InterMed employee:
- Your work will be acknowledged and appreciated
- You will work with people who are compassionate, empathetic and put patients first
- You will have the opportunity to have your voice heard by joining a committee, task force or work group
- Most importantly, you will be encouraged to have fun while carrying out our mission to serve!
Your benefits will include:
- 401 (k) and profit sharing plans
- Opportunity to learn, grow and advance