Physician Assistant-Cardiology Inpatient
Southern Maine Health Care |
- The Physician Assistant (PA) also known as Advanced Practice Provider (APP) provides care to patients under the supervision of the Supervising Physician in the clinic following established standards and practices.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Current license issued by the State of Maine as a Physician Assistant with SMHC supervising physician required.
- Current certification as PA required.
- Successful completion of an approved Physician Assistant program with a Master's Degree level of education is preferred.
- BLS certification is required.
- Three or more years of experience in a hospital setting preferred.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Unit specific criteria desired based on specialty. See unit specific statement of clinical competency.
In addition, the following is required:
The scope of practice would include in- patient hospital cardiology and outpatient testing; Experience in stress testing, nuclear stress testing , EKGs, excellent analytical and critical thinking skills; Educate, instruct and counsel patients and families on presenting health problems, treatment plans and home care; Determine, plan and initiate appropriate treatment and adjust treatment if necessary
Job Code: 114393
Posted On: 12/24/18
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Type: Regular
Job Status: Full Time
Additional Contact Info