Senior Financial Analyst
General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems | United States,
Job Location(s): Williston, VT; Saco, ME
Start Date: December 2018
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full Time
Hours per Week: 40
Starting Salary Range: Not Provided
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
Required Experience: 2 to 20+ years
Required Security Clearance: None
Related Categories: Accounting - General, Finance - Analysis
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Leads creation and maintenance of program baseline budgets for performance measurement.
- Creates estimates to support revenue recognition processes.
- Leads the periodic estimating process for sales, cost of sales and cash flow information.
- Conducts studies to analyze financial actions and prepares recommendations for policy, procedure, control, or action.
- Supports the requisition process for direct cost elements by ensuring the proper accounting classification of costs.
- Performs variance analyses for comparison to plans or prior estimates.
- Provides support for internal and external audits for assigned programs.
- Analyzes financial information to determine present and future financial performance.
- Identifies trends and recommends improvements accordingly.
- Evaluates profit plans, operating records, and financial statements.
- Leads the preparation of studies, reports, and analyses in areas such as budgets, forecasts, financial plans, governmental requirements, statistical reports, cash flow projections, and business forecasts.
- Establishes databases of pertinent information for use in analyzing future plans and forecasts.
- Makes recommendations to management regarding cost saving or profit generating opportunities and profitability improvement strategies.
- Leads process to gather, analyze, summarize, and prepare recommendations regarding financial plans, new business planning, and operating forecasts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications and Skills
- BS/BA degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Economics from four-year University
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particular focus on Excel
- 1-2 years of accounting/cost estimating work experience and 1-2 years of program finance experience and or training or combination of experience and education
Advanced degree (CPA or MBA) preferred
- Specialized knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of accounting/cost estimating
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of program finance, accounting and/or pricing of government contracts
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled