Commercial Portfolio Manager
Norway Savings Bank | Portland, ME
As a Commercial Portfolio Manager for Norway Savings Bank, you will provide assistance to our commercial lenders by helping monitor and maintain their portfolio of clients, and by helping with ongoing business development efforts. You will analyze and underwrite commercial loan requests, prepare recommendations for risk rating and decision of commercial loan applications. Also, you will manage a portfolio of commercial relationships to ensure compliance with regulatory and loan policy requirements, and servicing these clients with regards to new business and cross-selling opportunities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Analyze and underwrite new loan requests, loan and line of credit renewals, annual reviews, and overdraft lines of credit.
- Identify potential problem loans and deficiencies. Recommend appropriate risk rating for new loan relationships and proactively identify and recommend risk rating changes for existing loan relationships.
- Determine if loan requests are in compliance with Bank policy and regulatory requirements.
- Discuss loan/line structure, cash flow, collateral, and customer character with commercial lenders.
- Participate in Loan Committee meetings when appropriate.
- Recommend alternative credit structures or products where appropriate and ability to work with various government or private agencies for loan guarantees and/or subordinate financing.
- Accompany commercial lenders on customer calls and interact extensively with customers and prospects in person and over the phone.
- Assist commercial lenders with various duties including, but not limited to, ongoing account management of select relationships (i.e. financial statement collection and initial analysis, preparation of periodic credit memos, non-credit product service follow-up, etc.), attend new loan meetings, provide assistance with business development opportunities, provide representation at internal and/or external meetings/events/functions, participate in construction loan draw meetings and prepare various memos and reports as requested (including the presentation of these reports as necessary).
- Assist in the preparation for Loan Examinations (including but not limited to) reviewing credit and collateral files to ensure information is current and risk rating is appropriate.
- Assistance with/understanding of appraisals, valuations, environmental reports and commercial loan documentation.
- Interact with attorneys and financial professionals including CPA’s, CFO’s, etc. as needed to assist in the underwriting and closing process.
- Interviews loan applicants and analyzes financial information provided by applicants to assess feasibility of loan opportunity.
- Make written and verbal loan presentations to appropriate approval authorities.
- Perform company and industry research as needed
- Perform online research of public records including, but not limited to, assessor’s databases, county registrar’s databases, and the Secretary of State database for corporate filings and UCC filings
- Exhibits regular and punctual attendance.
- Perform other duties as required, and attends training and community events when appropriate.
- College degree with emphasis in business or accounting
- Solid foundation in credit skills, finance and accounting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Customer service orientation skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, good listener, decisive
- Team player
- Extensive knowledge of PC applications, including Excel & Word
Physical surroundings are generally pleasant and comfortable with minimal exposure to injury or other hazards.
Minimal physical effort required; normally seated with freedom of movement on a regular basis; handling of light materials and supplies.
**External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who are or who become disabled as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.**