Commercial Portfolio Manager
Norway Savings Bank | Portland, ME
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
As a Commercial Portfolio Manager for Norway Savings Bank, you will provide assistance to our commercial lenders by helping monitor andmaintain their portfolio of clients, and by helping with ongoing business development efforts. You will analyze and underwrite commercial loanrequests, prepare recommendations for risk rating and decision ofcommercial loan applications. Also, you will manage a portfolio of commercial relationshipsto ensure compliance with regulatory and loan policy requirements, and servicing these clients with regards to new business and cross-sellingopportunities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Analyze and underwrite new loanrequests, loan and line of credit renewals, annual reviews, and overdraft linesof credit.
- Identify potential problem loans anddeficiencies. Recommend appropriate risk rating for new loan relationships andproactively identify and recommend risk rating changes for existing loanrelationships.
- Determine if loan requests are incompliance with Bank policy and regulatory requirements.
- Discuss loan/line structure, cash flow,collateral, and customer character with commercial lenders.
- Participate in Loan Committee meetingswhen appropriate.
- Recommend alternative credit structuresor products where appropriate and ability to work with various government orprivate agencies for loan guarantees and/or subordinate financing.
- Accompany commercial lenders oncustomer calls and interact extensively with customers and prospects in personand over the phone.
- Assist commercial lenders with variousduties including, but not limited to, ongoing account management of selectrelationships (i.e. financial statement collection and initial analysis,preparation of periodic credit memos, non-credit product service follow-up,etc.), attend new loan meetings, provide assistance with business developmentopportunities, provide representation at internal and/or externalmeetings/events/functions, participate in construction loan draw meetings andprepare various memos and reports as requested (including the presentation ofthese reports as necessary).
- Assist in the preparation for LoanExaminations (including but not limited to) reviewing credit and collateralfiles to ensure information is current and risk rating is appropriate.
- Assistance with/understanding of appraisals,valuations, environmental reports and commercial loan documentation.
- Interact with attorneys and financialprofessionals including CPA's, CFO's, etc. as needed to assist in theunderwriting and closing process.
- Interviews loan applicants and analyzesfinancial information provided by applicants to assess feasibility of loanopportunity.
- Make written and verbal loanpresentations to appropriate approval authorities.
- Perform company and industry researchas needed
- Perform online research of publicrecords including, but not limited to, assessor's databases, county registrar'sdatabases, and the Secretary of State database for corporate filings and UCCfilings
- Exhibits regular and punctual attendance.
- Perform other duties as required, andattends training and community events when appropriate.
- College degree with emphasis inbusiness or accounting
- Solid foundation in credit skills,finance and accounting
- Excellent written and oral communicationskills
- Customer service orientation skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, goodlistener, decisive
- Team player
- Extensive knowledge of PC applications,including Excel & Word
Physicalsurroundings are generally pleasant and comfortable with minimal exposure toinjury or other hazards.
Minimalphysical effort required; normally seated with freedom of movement on a regularbasis; handling of light materials and supplies.
**External and internalapplicants, as well as position incumbents who are or who become disabled asdefined by the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform theessential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of areasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by casebasis.**