Patient Services Representative
InterMed | South Portland, ME
You will join a fast-paced, fast-growing leader in healthcare. You will work for the largest physician-owned primary care practice in the state, which has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Maine for 6 straight years.
You’ll work in a patient centered, collaborative and supportive team oriented environment with great people who are passionate about the care they provide. You’ll inspire others by living out our mission, vision and values while using your clinical knowledge and medical expertise to provide exceptional care to our patients.
In this role, you will:
- Answer incoming phone calls for multiple specialty practices
- Schedule routine, follow up, and new patient appointments
- Reschedule appointments as needed
- Address basic billing questions and redirect as appropriate
- Prepare and mail welcome packages to new patients
- Confirm future appointments
- Provide general practice information for patients as needed
- Other responsibilities as directed by coordinator or manager
What’s required to do this?
- Compassion and empathy
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent professional judgment, phone skills and decision making ability
- Proficiency with Windows based computer applications
- Flexibility and willingness to work as a team member
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Professional appearance
As an InterMed employee:
- Your work will be acknowledged and appreciated
- You will work with people who are compassionate, empathetic and put patients first
- You will have the opportunity to have your voice heard by joining a committee, task force or work group
- Most importantly, you will be encouraged to have fun while carrying out our mission to serve!
Your benefits will include:
- Up to 16 days of paid time off, plus 6 paid holidays and up to 3 floating holidays
- Choice of two medical plans & dental plan
- Generous employer contribution to participants’ Health Savings Account
- 401 (k) and profit sharing plans
- Employer paid Short- and Long-term Disability coverage
- Opportunity to learn, grow and advance