Nautel | Bangor, ME
Nautel is a global leader in the design, manufacture, sales and support of high power Radio Frequency (“RF”) products for AM and FM broadcast, navigation and industrial applications. With a long history of creating highly innovative products, Nautel continues to lead the way in providing valuable new solutions for the digital radio broadcast revolution. Thousands of customers in more than 170 countries have discovered that Nautel delivers world class RF solutions - systems that meet stringent quality standards at its ISO-registered manufacturing facilities.
We are seeking a technically experienced individual to work as an Electronic Technician in our Test Room. You will be working as part of a team, providing technical support for Nautel products, and potentially as a leader, engaged in the development of new products.
You will have previous experience working in a functional electronics test environment in an organization that designs, develops and manufactures it own products. The successful candidate can look forward to a variety of challenges including:
- Hands on testing, troubleshooting and root cause analysis of new products (to component level);
- Hands on testing, troubleshooting, root cause analysis and repair of returned products (to component level);
- Working as part of a team, and with others in the facility, to establish priorities;
- Working to, and maintaining when necessary, Test Plans and Procedures;
- Involvement in Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) Plans and activities with customers;
- Maintenance and calibration of test equipment;
- Record keeping and reporting;
- Suggest and move forward continuous improvement items;
- Provide technical support to others as required;
- May be the lead on design, development and support of microcontroller-based control systems;
- Preparation and validation of schematics, parts list, wiring route sheets and all product design documentation;
- System integration;
- May assist with contract proposals and contract reviews as well as provide technical assistance to sales for mature products;
- Working with customers on items including resolution of field problems, demonstrations, selling and training, sourcing substitute parts to use in the field;
- Provision of technical information, resolution of problems in Test, creation and maintenance of engineering and production documentation – may also be required to use expertise to source substitute parts;
- Member of safety committee and active participant in safety activities/policy/prevention.
Requirements for the role include:
- The preferred candidate will hold an Electronic Engineering Technician/Technologist qualification, or equivalent;
- Familiarity with Quality Assurance (ISO9001 system) and Test procedures and equipment;
- Technical expertise in relation to component selection, design, construction, testing and evaluation of circuits, sub-assemblies and systems;
- Knowledge of RF, analogue and digital circuits
- Experience testing and troubleshooting of PCB’s and electronic assemblies. Experience in a low volume, high mix production environment would be an asset, as would experience in a development environment;
- Knowledge of equipment ventilation and cooling and calculation of semiconductor junction temperature;
- Understanding of ESD causes and prevention;
- Must be familiar with test methodologies for assemblies;
- Broad knowledge of safety legislation and application of this;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Proven problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Attention to detail, accuracy and quality of work;
- Proven focus on continuous improvement;
- Ability to work well with others as part of team and strong communication skills in order to communicate effectively across the organization (verbally and in writing);
- Ability to work across various areas of the company;
- Prior use of computer programs used in development including DOS, Windows, AutoCad Light, PCad schematic capture, PW Board cut, data base, spreadsheet, electronic circuit analysis, MS Word would be an asset.
Nautel, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Competitive salary and benefits package offered.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE.