Clinical Nurse, RN - Telemetry Unit R7
Maine Medical Center |
- Position Summary
- This is a 36 hour day/night rotating position working on Medical Unit, R7.
R7 provides twenty-four hour mulitdisciplinary collaborative health services for adults and older adolescent atients with acute medical cardiac problems who may also have other medicla/surgical issues. R7 also provides care for Cardiology patients requiring cardiac monitoring.
The Clinical Nurse supports Maine Medical Center's mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence, competence, collaboration, innovation, respect, patient and family centered care, commitment to our community, and accountability. In accordance with national standards of nursing practice and within the guidelines and policies and procedures of both Maine Medical Center and the Maine State Board of Nursing, the Clinical Nurse is responsible for assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation, documentation, and evaluation of the effects of nursing care. Care delivery and coordination of patient and family care begins with the initial contact with the health care system and may continue across the continuum. Services may be provided on an inpatient, outpatient, ambulatory, and/or community basis.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Maine.
- Demonstrated competency in applying evidence based knowledge, theory, principles, and processes of professional nursing practice.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing is preferred.
- Meets all requirements of Clinical Nurse I. Completion of Level I usually achieved by 12 months of employment.
- Evidence of 10 hours of ongoing education per year.
- Interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with patients, families, and healthcare team members.
- Ability to identify potential crisis situations involving patients and/or families and to initiate appropriate action.
- In accordance with the Clinical Nursing Advancement Program, a Clinical Nurse II may choose to remain at Level II as opposed to seeking advancement to Level III.
Job Code: 111208
Posted On: 11/11/18
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Type: Regular
Job Status: Full Time
Additional Contact Info