Home Health Aide (CNA) - Sussman House - Sign-on Bonus!
MaineHealth Care at Home |
$500 sign-on bonus! - Qualified applicants are eligible for a $500 sign-on bonus for full time Home Health Aide positions!
MaineHealth Care at Home is seeking a Home Health Aide - Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in Rockport. The Home Health Aide (CNA) role is a meaningful and satisfying career choice. This position is ideal for someone who understands the hospice philosophy and hospice care. The Home Health Aide must be comfortable and confident working with patients and their families.
This full time paraprofessional will provide care to patients to improve the quality of the patient's life in the home environment. The Home Health Aide performs tasks required to help maintain and restore the physical, social, and emotional health of clients. This care is under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse and the position reports to the Clinical Manager.
- Full MaineHealth employee benefits package, including generous Paid Time Off.
- Three 12-hour days, 7am-7pm, every 3rd weekend rotation. Some schedule flexibility available.
- Weekend and evening shift differential rates offered in addition to hourly rate.
- High School diploma or GED.
- State of Maine certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant.
- Current certification in Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers.
- One year of experience working as a CNA or HHA preferred. Must also have the willingness and ability to obtain a minimum of 12 hours of education annually.
- Current, valid driver's license to operate a motor vehicle, with vehicle available for work covered by liability insurance as specified by agency policy.
About Sussman House:
Sussman House provides care for people whose symptoms are not well managed at home and are in need of hospice care as they near the end of their life. The atmosphere is one of peace and tranquility. In addition to caring for terminally ill patients, the Sussman House staff provides support and hospitality for families who are grieving and want to be with their loved ones during their final days. We provide state of the art pain and symptom management combined with compassionate care, away from the hustle and bustle of a hospital or a rehabilitation facility.
About MaineHealth Care at Home:
MaineHealth Care at Home has brought together the best in home health, offering our patients and families the highest level of compassionate care. While we are an ideal career choice for those who can excel in an autonomous/independent work environment, our success is dependent on the cooperation and collaboration of all employees.
With us, you will be part of a group of professionals who excel in customer service, communication and teamwork. We value employee participation and contribution, respecting each other's expertise, ability, judgment and opinions. And whether you join us in a full-time, part-time or per diem capacity, we offer resources and opportunities to help you meet your full potential both personally and professionally.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status
Job Code: 115524
Posted On: 11/12/18
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Categories: Healthcare, Home Care
Job Type: Regular
Job Status: Full Time
Additional Contact Info