Clinician - PIER (Portland Identification and Early Referral Program)
Maine Behavioral Healthcare |
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
- Position Summary
- The Clinician has comprehensive clinical responsibility for the clients assigned to him/her. These clinical duties shall be directed toward the achievement of excellence in client care and will include: conducting and documenting individual and family psychosocial assessments; documenting the findings of evaluations and progress in clients' medical record; conducting and documenting family and/or couples treatment of clients and their families; maintaining contact with community resources for after care and providing comprehensive discharge planning services. All services will be provided in a manner and language appropriate to the age and comprehensive level of the clients and their families. All Clinicians are expected to function as active members of their teams. The Portland Identification and Early Referral program is a nationally recognized program providing team-based coordinated specialty care to adolescents and young adults at high risk for a major psychotic disorder or within the first year of the onset of such a psychotic disorder. Half of the position will involve direct clinical care within this team and the other half will be conducting structured assessments within the context of an innovative and growing research program."
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Master's degree in Social Work or Clinical Counseling from an institution accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- Maine State licensure to practice as a LCSW or LCPC is required, LCSW preferred.
- Maine State licensure to practice as a LADC and CADC as needed
- Knowledge of social work/ counseling theories, therapies and techniques, as used in individual, family and group treatment, as well as principles of social welfare are required
- 2+ years of related work experience in a health or mental health setting working with adolescents, young adults and families including major mental illness, preferred;
- Prior experience with clinical methods and techniques used in individual, family and group therapy as related to mental health and/or substance abuse issues is required
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation if applicable
Job Code: 115806
Posted On: 2019-01-30 00:56:51
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Type: Regular
Job Status: Full Time
Additional Contact Info