Senior Medical Technologist - SMHC - Sanford
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
- Position Summary
- Assumes charge responsibility of department as needed. Helps develop and implement new and revised procedures. Serves as a technical resource for clients and NorDx staff. Monitors quality control and CAP survey programs. Performs the essential duties and responsibilities of a medical technologist.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledge of clinical laboratory functions, practices and procedures acquired through a Baccalaureate degree in Medical Technology or an equivalent science required and one-two years of clinical laboratory experience as a medical technologist.
- Certification as a medical technologist (or equivalent) or as a categorical technologist (e.g., C, H, I, BB, M) by a recognized professional organization (e.g., ASCP, AMT) is required.
- Other approved Board Certifications as required for specialty testing such as: American Board of Bioanalysis (ABB), American Board of Clinical Chemistry (ABCC), American Board of Forensic Toxicology (ABFT), American Board of Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics (ABHI), American Board of Medical Genetics (ABMG), American Board of Medical Laboratory Immunology (ABMLI), American Board of Medical Microbiology (ABMM), National Registry for Clinical Chemists (NRCC), or other board deemed comparable by HHS. NOTE: ABFT and NRCC also certify non-doctorial individuals; however, the director of high-complexity testing must have a doctoral degree. An acceptable doctoral degree is a Doctor of Philosophy - Ph.D., Doctor of Science - D.Sc. If acceptable to the board, a Doctor of Dental Surgery - D.D.S., Doctor of Veterinary Medicine - D.V.M., Doctor of Public Health - Dr.P.H.
- A working knowledge of word processing software (e.g. Word) and demonstrated ability to learn and work efficiently with a variety of computer applications/systems as well as the ability to learn and work efficiently with a variety of laboratory computer systems.
- Oral and written communication needs to be professional, clear and concise.
- Must be able to work any shift, holiday and/or weekend as needed.
- Must be able to travel among company sites as needed.
Job Code: 116463
Posted On: 2019-01-01 18:17:13
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Categories: Healthcare, Science
Job Type: Regular
Job Status: Full Time
Additional Contact Info