Medical Assistant (MA)-Biddeford Call Center
Southern Maine Health Care |
- Position Summary
- Assist providers in the care and treatment of patients, promotes a smooth flow of patients through the office and helps to create a calm, supportive atmosphere. Performs tasks as required, paying attention to detail and accuracy, conducts all interactions with patients and personnel in a courteous, respectful manner while maintaining confidentiality. The incumbent is required to conduct all job responsibilities consistent with policies, procedures, and in compliance with all applicable laws or mandates relating to patient care and activities.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- High School Diploma is preferred.
- Current BLS required.
- Must meet one of the following requirements:
- Graduated from two year accredited vocational institution or community college in Medical Assisting; OR
- Certification with the AAMA (American Association of Medical Assistant) or registration with the AMT (American Medical Technology); OR certification with the NHA (National Healthcare Association).
- Minimum one year experience working as a Medical Assistant in a medical office, preferred.
- Knowledge of healthcare field and medical office protocols/procedures
- Skill in performing medical assistance tasks appropriately with ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary for interacting with patients, physicians, supervisors and other staff with the ability to demonstrate compassion and caring in dealing with others.
- Ability to organize and accomplish multiple tasks and to have the flexibility to meet changing demands on a daily basis.
- Ability to project a pleasant and professional image even under stressful situations
- Proficient computer skills
- Pediatric practice staff will be required to participate in the weekend clinic rotation.
- Ability to travel to other offices as needed.
Job Code: 116483
Posted On: 01/14/19
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Type: Regular
Job Status: Part Time
Additional Contact Info