Sterile Processing Department Tech
Southern Maine Health Care |
- Position Summary
- The Central Service Technician provides quality care and controls infection to the patient through proper cleaning, decontamination, assembly, sterilization and distribution of patient care equipment.
This position will be at the Sanford SMHC Campus.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Central Service Certification, or O.R. Surgical Tech Certificate preferred.
- Minimum of one year of Central Service experience preferred.
- Manual dexterity necessary to grasp and handle a variety of small delicate instrumentation and sound eye-hand coordination in order to adjust and assemble instrumentation and equipment.
- Physical abilities necessary to walk and stand almost constantly and to frequently lift and carry trays and supplies weighing up to twenty-five pounds.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding environment.
Communication skills necessary to work well with others and to respond to internal and external customers.
Job Code: 116708
Posted On: 02/04/19
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Categories: Other, Healthcare
Job Type: Regular
Job Status: Part Time
Additional Contact Info