Environmental Services Tech - SMHC Biddeford Campus
Southern Maine Health Care |
- Position Summary
- Team members have a pleasant personality, demonstrate a positive attitude and the willingness to provide exceptional customer service, and work as part of a team. Customer service includes working closely with their leaders and teammates to ensure that standards of cleanliness and safety are achieved in every area of the hospital. All interactions with staff, patients and family are carried out with high regard for respect and confidentiality. This position performs a variety of cleaning tasks to maintain patient rooms, offices, hallways and other assigned areas of the hospital. The person in this position must be aware that their work takes place in a variety of difficult and demanding patient settings, which may include precaution rooms for patients with highly communicable illnesses.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- The ability and willingness to provide exceptional customer service 100% of the time.
- Ability to learn and perform the skills required in an occupied healthcare environment.
- Ability to learn and perform cleaning tasks involving multiple steps and a variety of cleaning tools, equipment and chemicals.
- Required to wear uniform and/or protective equipment and to work with cleaning chemicals including disinfectants and bleach.
- Ability to work independently without constant direct supervision.
- The ability to read, communicate in English, and basic use of a computer are required.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Flexibility in work assignments and requirement to work on weekends and holidays.
Job Code: 117407
Posted On: 02/10/19
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Categories: Facilities, Healthcare
Job Type: Regular
Job Status: Full Time
Additional Contact Info