Deposit Operations Quality Assurance Coordinator
Bangor Savings Bank | Bangor, ME
Deposit Operations Quality Assurance Coordinator
FUNCTION: Reporting to the Deposit Operations Manager, the Deposit Operations Quality Assurance Coordinator is responsible for managing a variety of functions in support of Deposit Operations. This role is primarily responsible for the creation and implementation of a program that ensures we maintain the high standards of customer service expected, and remain in compliance of both audit and regulatory standards. This will involve creating a quality assurance process, performing regular spot checks, and aggregating data and trends for reporting to management. The scope of the QA program includes, but is not limited to, ongoing monitoring, reporting, coaching and training as applicable. The Deposit Operations Quality Assurance Coordinator will also be responsible for doing formal debriefs following errors and technical issues, acting as a liaison with critical vendors, and acting as the primary point of contact for audits. This role will additionally act as a floating resource within the department when other needs are an immediate priority, assisting teams with course of business work to ensure a manageable workflow as needed.
- Develops and maintains a robust Quality Assurance program reviewing all critical aspects of Deposit Operations in order to ensure they are being performed with a high degree of accuracy and in compliance with all policies, procedures, and regulatory guidelines.
- Tracks and reports on trends discovered through QA monitoring to department leadership, and recommends process changes, additional controls, or associated training opportunities.
- Provides formal debriefing to leadership upon discovery and resolution of issues, and provides recommended changes to prevent future issues.
- Leads coordination, tracking, and facilitation of support cases with Jack Henry and other critical vendors, and assists department leadership team as necessary.
- Works closely with department leadership team and staff to ensure that written departmental procedures are current, up to date and compliant.
- Proactively takes lead role in gathering and submitting all requested internal and external audit documentation for the department.
- Works with Risk Management as the primarily point of contact for compliance reporting and audit issue resolution.
- Acts as system administrator or as a backup administrator for various systems supported by Deposit Operations.
- Provides technical expertise to leadership and staff, and recommends new methods and techniques to enhance efficiency, reduce expenses and improve customer service.
- Regularly performs research on non-routine, complex operations or technology problems/issues and provides findings and resolutions to manager. Assists in resolving problems relating to various areas of the Bank's operations.
- Continually develops and maintains expertise in database management tools, including query skills, and coordinates and assists with enhancing other staff in an overall effort to increase functionality and efficiencies with these skills/tools.
- Operates as a backup to critical departmental functions as needs arise due to periods of high volume, high turnover, unexpected absences, or resource needs elsewhere.
- Maintains a level of knowledge in all or nearly all functional areas of Deposit Operations in order to be able to assist where needed on short notice or during a period of unexpected tumult.
- Assists in analyzing job functions and makes suggestions for streamlining functions, improving efficiency, enhancing the accuracy and quality of work.
- Assists in the preparation and maintenance of risk maps, risk profiles, flowcharts and other documents/reports in support of the department.
- Assists customers and/or staff with more complex issues.
- Promotes a customer-centered culture and attitude among staff that puts the customer first.
- Provides the highest level of service, demonstrating You Matter More to each customer.
- Assists in research of complex customer complaints/issues as appropriate.
Compliance and Control:
- Assists in ensuring that the Bank is in compliance with local, state and federal regulations
- Assists in maintaining department Work Program, Scorecard and other critical reports.
- Interacts harmoniously and effectively with others, focusing upon the attainment of bank goals and objectives through a commitment to teamwork.
- Conforms to acceptable punctuality/attendance standards as expressed in the Employee Handbook.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
- Adaptability/Flexibility - Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new challenges, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
- Initiative - Takes independent action, operates as a pro-active self-starter, and acts on opportunities, practices self-development.
- Integrity/Ethics - Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys news good or bad.
- Interpersonal Skills - Has excellent communication skills, both written and verbal as well as the ability to exhibit active listening skills and being open other viewpoints, perspectives, etc.
- Vision/Values - Supports company mission/values through daily actions and decisions, communicates the Bank's vision, mission and values to others, and incorporates vision when planning.
- College degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of three to five years banking experience preferred
- High degree of analytical skills and the ability to handle complex problems.
- Familiarity with Jack Henry Silverlake and/or IBM Cognos a plus.
- Project Management or Quality Control experience preferred.
- High Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel proficiency
- Attention to detail, emphasis on accuracy.
- Professionalism in handling multiple tasks in a fast paced-environment.
- Organized, sets priorities, and meets deadlines.
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Strong multitasking skills including the ability to remain highly accurate with the data while completing multiple simultaneous tasks.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
Physical Demands/Conditions Requirements:
- General office environment.
- Moderate lifting (to 35 lbs.) required. Moderate reaching, walking, sitting and standing required.
- General office equipment.
External and internal applications, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on an individual basis.