Payroll Support Supervisor
Bangor Savings Bank | Bangor, ME
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
Payroll Support Supervisor
FUNCTION: Working under the direction of the Department Manager and Assistant Manager, the PSS has leadership responsibility for a team of Payroll Support Specialists. The PSS has two main areas of responsibility - client satisfaction and employee development. The PSS supports the BSB mission to be the employer of choice by creating a great working environment and through recruiting, developing and retaining an efficient and high performing team of Payroll Support Specialists.
The PSS assists in ensuring that Bangor Payroll and its clients are in compliance with local, state and federal regulations, coordinates product offerings for other banking related services and regularly interacts with third party professionals on behalf of their clients.
- Responsible for accurate and timely production of client payrolls and related reports while under strict time constraints
- Supervises a team of Payroll Support Specialists that support and maintain an assigned portfolio of clients.
- Responsible for the continued growth and development of direct reports
- Acts as an effective team member within Bangor Payroll working proactively to improve processes and strengthen partnerships. Effectively utilizes technology including report writing tools, Excel, and others as appropriate.
- Identifies and takes action on opportunities to develop efficiencies for their team and our clients
- Displays initiative to help wherever necessary to ensure the department reaches its deadlines
- Oversees work allocation, training and development of staff
- Conducts ongoing assessment of work levels and staff utilization to strike optimal balance between efficiency and good customer service
- Responsible for completion of performance appraisals for all direct reports and manages the overall performance appraisal process in a timely manner and consistent with BSB procedures.
- Acts as liaison between the client and Bangor Payroll, serving as an empowered advocate for the client
- Responsible for maintaining client satisfaction and client retention; oversees the entire client experience
- Communicates directly and professionally with internal/external clients and their trusted advisors
- Provides exemplary service support and resolves issues and concerns in a timely fashion
- Oversees resolution of critical service issues and conducts follow-up conversations with clients
- Maintains client relationships through outreach initiatives and satisfaction strategies
- Proactively applies critical-thinking and problem-solving skills in an effort to provide effective solutions to meet the needs of our clients
- Proactively supports or suggests additional payroll services for the purpose of improving client satisfaction and generating additional revenue opportunities.
- Ensures that clients are receiving maximum value from our products and services
- Passionate about providing a differentiated, personalized client experience
Compliance and Control:
- Assists in ensuring that the Bank and its clients are in compliance with local, state and federal regulations
- Encourages and fosters a positive work environment
- Interacts harmoniously and effectively with others, focusing upon the attainment of department and Bank goals through a commitment to teamwork
- Cross trains with and provides assistance to other departments
- Prioritizes tasks and demonstrates excellent time management skills
- Conforms to acceptable punctuality/attendance standards as expressed in the Employee Handbook
- Demonstrates continued professional and personal development by participating in training/educational opportunities as they become available and can increasingly help support clients with more complicated product offerings
- Demonstrates a willingness to accept new projects and strives to become a subject matter expert
- Performs additional duties as requested
- Leadership - Motivates and encourages others; creates an inclusive environment, recognizes success
- Adaptability/Flexibility - Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new challenges, handles pressure, adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
- Initiative - Takes independent action, operates as a pro-active self starter, acts on opportunities, practices self development.
- Integrity/Ethics - Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, conveys news good or bad.
- Interpersonal Skills - Has good listening skills.
- Vision/Values - Supports company mission/values through daily actions and decisions, communicates the Bank's vision, mission and values to others, incorporates vision when planning
- Coaching Skills - provides coaching feedback to direct reports through regular observations of their performance and monitors improvement.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, college degree preferred. Majors in business, finance or accounting helpful
- 2+ years of payroll experience with proven relationship management skills preferred
- Attainment of CPP certification highly encouraged; FPC required
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and management.
- Ability to handle complex problems.
- Strong computer and software skills.
- Attention to detail, emphasis on accuracy
- Strong multitasking skills including the ability to remain highly accurate with the data while completing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Proactive planner and self-motivated.
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Strong math skills required
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook proficiency
- Good communications skills, verbal and written required
Physical Demands/Conditions Requirements:
- General office environment.
- Moderate lifting (to 35 lbs.) required. Moderate reaching, walking, sitting and standing required.
- General office equipment.
External and internal applications, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on an individual basis.