Sargent Corporation | Plymouth, ME
Sargent Corporation is an earthwork construction company specializing in airports, highways, landfills, commercial and industrial site preparation, utility installation, and wind power access projects. We are currently seeking candidates to fill the following position based at our quarry in Plymouth, Maine:
Provides overall on-site administrative and technical management at an aggregate production facility, including the scheduling, coordination, supervision and safe work practices for all project activities, including Sargent and subcontractor personnel.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage operations as efficiently as possible to provide aggregate products at the lowest possible cost.
- Develop production schedules to determine efficient production while prioritizing demands.
- Develop maintenance plans and schedules with an emphasis on preventative maintenance while maintaining necessary production levels.
- Work with blasting subcontractor and develop short and long term quarry development plans.
- Manage a team of employees and establish a high standard of safety, quality and accountability.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external customers.
- Coordinate with quality control staff to meet and exceed customer expectations and specifications.
- Coordinate with environmental personnel to, at a minimum, meet expectations of governmental agencies and internal policies.
- Manage the natural resources of Sargent Corporation, and associated entities, effectively and efficiently.
- Seek continuous improvement in all processes.
- Effectively plan, direct and supervise workers engaged in construction and aggregate production activities.
- Follow all MSHA, OSHA and company safety policies.
- Create and reinforce a culture of safety that creates no questions as to how an item should be done.
- Ensure all subcontractors are following Company safety policies.
- Maintain a constant awareness of all onsite safety hazards.
- Conduct weekly safety meeting for employees.
- Review weekly and monthly costs of production. Eliminate/minimize resource and cost surprises.
- Ensure that crews have the best available resources at the proper time.
- Create and reinforce a culture of continuous production improvement in the field by identifying and implementing changes that improve productivity.
- Ensure the project team knows the production expectations and actual production on a regular basis. Alert the project team of any other relevant or important information, including any potential issues with customers.
- Manage subcontractors and provide feedback on subcontractor performance.
- Coordinate activities with other company departments/projects and outside contractors.
- Create and reinforce a culture of quality work. Conduct and document quality control inspections.
- Investigate incidents and accidents and document the findings. Determine preventive measures to eliminate hazards and repeat incidents.
- Conduct evaluations of all employees supervised for more than 200 hours in a season.
- Represent Sargent Corporation in a positive manner in the community and to clients.
- When possible, resolve all personnel issues and problems at the field level. If necessary, contact Human Resources and/or Operations Manager to discuss items of concern.
- Support and demonstrate consistency regarding company policies.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with employees, subcontractors, clients, owners, and engineers.
- Perform other duties and assignments as requested by your supervisor.
- Represent the Company professionally in a friendly and personable manner.
- Stay current with applicable regulations and requirements by attending training classes and seminars, etc.
- Promote and adhere to Sargent’s Core Values:
Our purpose is to build, and to be faithful stewards of the Sargent legacy and the resources entrusted to us.
Whether you are an employee-owner, a customer, or other business partner; whether measured in days, dollars, or distance; Sargent Corporation will manage every resource with the respect it deserves.
What we value above all else:
Investing in People — The Sargent Culture is steeped in commitment to the well-being and prosperity of our family of employee-owners, and to meaningful relationships with our business partners and our communities.
Honing our Craft — We deliver the talent, the passion, and the determination to provide productive and creative solutions to every project.
Doing the Right Thing — even when no one is watching — Regardless of personal or financial consequences, we conduct ourselves with honesty and integrity.
Winning in the Field —A philosophy that our executional spirit — driven by safety, dedication, and mutual fairness—will produce exceptional outcomes and a “win” for all involved.
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in aggregate production.
- Valid driver’s license.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of aggregate production from a mechanical, safety, production, maintenance and quality standpoints.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent communication, organizational and supervisory skills are essential.
- Knowledge of and ability to follow and enforce all applicable safety standards at all times.
- Ability to make good, timely, and sound decisions.
- Ability to simultaneously supervise a variety of items and people, which may change often.
- Ability to maintain a neat, professional appearance at all times. Excellent listening, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to travel.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Stand or walk frequently and for long durations.
- Manual dexterity and the ability to use hands and arms to grasp, reach for, handle and assemble or manipulate objects.
- Lift and carry materials and tools weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Climb up and down ladders and other objects.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl in a variety of areas, including confined spaces.
- Rake, shovel, and dig with hand tools.
- Operate vibratory equipment such as tamps.
- Must have 20/40 vision with or without corrective lenses.
- Hear (naturally or with correction) on sites where the hearing of backup alarms or other sounds may be required.
- Meet the physical requirements necessary to safely and effectively perform assigned duties for up to 12 hours a day in hot and cold weather conditions.
Sargent Corporation is an employee-owned company that has understood for generations that good people are the key to our success and we treat our employees like they make a difference – because they do! Now is the time to join the leader in the earthwork construction business. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
If you are ready to join our team and possess the experience and qualifications outlined above, please forward your resume to: Human Resources, Sargent Corporation, 378 Bennoch Rd., PO Box 435, Stillwater, ME 04489 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply online, please visit our website at www.sargent-corp.com. Applications will be accepted until position has been filled.
Sargent Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer