Human Resources Representative
Tyler Technologies | Yarmouth, ME
Tyler Technologies is seeking a human resources professional with a strong recruiting background to join our corporate HR team. The HR Representative will provide the full range of human resource services: recruiting, employee relations, orientation and benefits. As a member of the Tyler HR team, this position will have a strong impact on driving our culture and implementing practices that will support our employee-oriented, high performing environment. The majority of the role will involve recruiting and onboarding technical employees, so the ideal candidate will have a strong business partner mindset with prior IT recruiting experience.
- Provide full lifecycle recruiting services: job description maintenance, advertising, networking, job fairs, screening, interviewing, job offers and orientation.
- Proactively source active and passive candidates by phone and email for current and future openings for assigned teams.
- Enhance Tyler's recruiting efforts by researching trends and implementing new recruiting strategies.
- Participate in college relations and activities such as career fairs, internships and job shadows.
- Guide department managers on decisions relating to hiring and terminating, workforce development, and employee relations to recognize, prevent, and/or address workplace problems, ensuring fairness and consistency.
- Provide timely information to department managers regarding current recruiting status, staffing and turnover statistics and other reports that lend insight into employment trends.
- Manage onboarding process for assigned work groups; conduct first-day new hire orientation and participate in quarterly new employee orientation events.
- Conduct termination processing, including exit interviews.
- Assist employees with health, retirement, Family Medical Leave and leave of absence programs in the areas of enrollment, compliance, and applicable payroll deductions
- Address employee relations and legal issues and provide advice and counsel as needed
- Other duties can include responding to proposal requests, worker's compensation claims, affirmative action plan reporting, unemployment claims, intern program management and event planning
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in one or more area of human resources
- Prior experience in corporate recruiting, preferably in an IT/Technical environment
- Working knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations related to the human resource function (such as FLSA, FMLA, ADA, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with management and staff at all levels
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office & HR databases
- PHR certification a plus but not required
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy, with ability to multitask, adhere to strict deadlines, and work under pressure
- Strong research skills coupled with solid negotiation skills
- Flexibility to adapt to ever-changing environment and learn new concepts quickly
- Requires some travel in the U.S. to other Tyler offices (Approximately 4 trips per year)
Tyler is subject to regulations, guidelines and/or client requirements relating to the qualifications of Tyler personnel performing certain client work. Because of the nature of this position, it is a requirement that the candidate can successfully pass an applicable background check at the time an offer is extended and over the course of employment with Tyler.