Electronic & Corporate Banking Specialist
Bangor Savings Bank | Bangor, ME
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
Electronic & Corporate Banking Specialist
FUNCTION: The Electronic & Corporate Banking Specialist works with a team within Deposit Operations primarily responsible for supporting the Online and Wire services offered to Bangor Savings Bank customers. They will largely support Treasury and Payment Services customers, including the Treasury and Business Online systems and the Account Analysis process. They will also be the primary contacts for Wire Fund Transfers and customers utilizing the Wire Transfer system.
- Processes, tracks, and reports all transactions related to the disbursement and receipt of funds associated with wire transfers, both foreign and domestic.
- Processes and verifies incoming and outgoing wire transfers received through Treasury Online, recorded telephone line, or from the branches via PAYplus Connect, Wells Fargo, or Fedline Advantage.
- Verifies all wire agreements have been received.
- Reviews all wires for suspicious activity related to fraud, and monitors for compliance with regulatory guidelines such as OFAC and BSA.
- Responsible for supplemental training and support for all branch and bank users of GFX.
- Acts as a liaison and subject matter expert for other departments and employees within the bank who process or monitor wire transfers.
- Responsible for setting up new Treasury Online and Business Online accounts as well as reviewing accounts and performing any maintenance as necessary.
- Update customer fees per customer agreements and maintain customer information as dictated by customers or TPS staff.
- Prepare, review, and generate Account Analysis statements for Treasury and Payment Services customers.
- Assists in setting up new customer accounts to allow for wire processing through the Treasury Online system.
- Setup and support additional services for corporate customer including but not limited to: Insured Cash Sweeps, Repo Sweeps, Intra-Day Sweeps, and Subaccounting.
- Monitor and process Positive Pay files and exceptions for customers enrolled in the service.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of Jack Henry Xperience, Bottomline Treasury Online and Business Online, D+H PayPlus Connect and other critical bank systems and works with the appropriate third party contacts when issues or questions arise.
- Proactively looks for and communicates opportunities for process improvements within their team, the department, or the bank which lead to efficiency, better customer service, or risk reduction.
- Communicates any pertinent information to supervisors, team members, and internal/external customers to ensure timely resolution of all problems and customer service situations.
- A Level I Electronic & Corporate Banking Specialist will be proactively training towards gaining sufficient knowledge in the processes and accountabilities associated with the position in order to be able to operate independently and with a high level of confidence.
- A Level II Electronic & Corporate Banking Specialist will be fully proficient in all, or nearly all, processes associated with the position, be able to operate with minimal supervision or assistance, and will proactively work towards cross training team members, updating procedures, and assisting with more complex or higher level tasks as necessary.
- A Level III/Senior Electronic & Corporate Banking Specialist will have a detailed understanding of job specific processes as well as the impact and relation to other processes and business lines, will routinely work with highly complex or detailed problems, will proactively assist with projects and identifying process improvements, and will exhibit leadership by example within the department as a whole.
- Consistently maintains a high level of customer service when dealing with customers and employees and strives to complete all time-sensitive processes by the appropriate deadline.
- Interacts harmoniously and effectively with others, focusing upon the attainment of bank goals and objectives through a commitment to teamwork.
- Conforms to acceptable punctuality/attendance standards as expressed in the Employee Handbook.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
Compliance and Control:
- Assists in ensuring that the Bank is in compliance with local, state and federal regulations. Completes Risk Management and Performance Measurement tasks assigned by Management in a timely manner.
- Adaptability/Flexibility - Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new challenges, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
- Initiative - Takes independent action, operates as a pro-active self-starter, and acts on opportunities, practices self-development.
- Integrity/Ethics - Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys news good or bad.
- Interpersonal Skills - Has excellent communication skills, both written and verbal as well as the ability to exhibit active listening skills and being open other viewpoints, perspectives, etc.
- Vision/Values - Supports company mission/values through daily actions and decisions, communicates the Bank's vision, mission and values to others, incorporates vision when planning
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College, business or banking professional training preferred.
- Exhibits professionalism in handling multiple tasks in a fast paced-environment.
- Organized, sets priorities, and meets deadlines.
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Attention to detail, emphasis on accuracy.
- High degree of analytical skills and the ability to handle complex problems.
- Strong multitasking skills including the ability to remain highly accurate with the data while completing multiple simultaneous tasks.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Proficient with computer systems. Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Physical Demands/Conditions Requirements:
- General office environment
- Moderate lifting (to 35 lbs.) required. Moderate reaching, walking, sitting and standing required
- General office equipment
External and internal applications, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on an individual basis.