Commercial Loan Administrator
Mechanics Savings Bank | Auburn, ME
The Commercial Loan Administrator is responsible for providing administrative assistance to Commercial Loan Officer(s), including preparation of loan documentation, processing closed loan packages, uploading loan data and providing customer service and support.
The position will be responsible for providing the highest level of Customer Service, and adheres to the Bank’s Core Values, Service Standards and Fish Philosophy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides administrative assistance to the Commercial Loan Officer(s), getting loan packages ready for closing by preparing loan documents. Ensures that all required items per the approval are obtained reviews and accepted and ensures the loan documents comply with the approval prior to closing.
- Prepares Allonges for Line of Credit renewals and loan modifications and ensures that all required items per the approval are obtained, reviewed and accepted and ensures the Allonge documents comply with the approval prior to closing.
- Prepare letter of credit documentation packages per approval.
- May be required to prepare bought or sold participation packages per approval.
- May be required to upload new loans and/or Allonge information in the Banks’s Core System.
- Coordinates line renewals with lenders.
- Ensures the closed loan files contain necessary regulatory documents, proper resolutions/operating agreements for the particular borrowing entity, documents with proper signatures, dates, proper vesting, legal descriptions and other relevant data.
- Interacts with Compliance personnel to resolve post-closing issues.
- Assembles and verifies accuracy of loan documentation. Consults with other CLA’s or seeks legal advice on complex documentation. Interacts with attorneys on attorney prepared closings.
- Suggests new products for Laser Pro and works closely with commercial loan operations in regards to all system related issues.
- Creates and maintains credit, legal and vault files to ensure compliance with Bank policy as well as regulatory examinations.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties requiring knowledge of departmental procedures. Orders credit reports, UCC searches, flood certifications, merchant’s reports, title updates, EDR’s and good standing certificates.
- Requests annual financial information from customers.
- Utilizes CheckIt program for reporting purposes.
- Process Line of Credit advances, pay downs, new loan funding, transfers, construction disbursements, wires and equipment revolver advances.
- Process payoff quotes, payoff checks, paid loan files and preparing discharges and/or terminations.
- Completes credit references and account verifications.
- Answers telephone and written inquiries.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Be punctual for scheduled work and use time appropriately.
- Perform duties in a conscientious, cooperative manner.
- Perform required amount of work in a timely fashion with a minimum of errors.
- Be neat and maintain a professional appearance.
- Comply with all Bank policies and procedures, including BSA and Information Security policies.
- Maintain confidentiality and protect the Bank by keeping information concerning Bank operations and customer information confidential.
- Able to consistently treat others with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Strong commitment to achieving personal and team growth and success through an understanding and commitment to the Bank's sales culture goals.
- Must have proven communication and interpersonal skills.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by the Incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and use hands to operate a standard computer keyboard. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the incumbent encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
When in the office: usual office conditions. Noise level is usually quiet.
QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED FOR POSITION:
Experience and Skill Requirements: The following experience and skills are considered essential:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with Commercial Loan documentation/operations.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Knowledge and awareness of all bank products and services.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
Education Requirements: The following education requirements are considered essential:
** All requirements and skills are considered to be essential, unless otherwise indicated. **
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.