Human Resources Administrative Assistant
Emera Maine | Bangor, ME
JOB TITLE: HUMAN RESOURCES ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
LOCATION: HUMAN RESOURCES/BANGOR
REPORTS TO: HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
POSITION STATUS: NON-EXEMPT, NON-BARGAINING UNIT
Under the general direction of the Manager of Human Resources, this position is responsible for performing various administrative, coordination and support functions for the human resource departments.
- Maintains record retention system for HR Departments.
- Maintains, updates, and processes all Human Resources Information System (HRIS) employee data systems.
- Maintains departmental correspondence, files and reports, demonstrating accuracy, thoroughness and orderliness in performing all work assignments.
- Responsible for preparing and processing purchase orders, invoices and expenses.
- Facilitates HR quarterly compliance process.
- Facilitates HR annual work plan process.
- Maintains database of job descriptions.
- Maintains, monitors, and facilitates the application process during the recruitment of internal and external postings. Supports HR Generalists in the management of candidate applications, set up and scheduling of interviews.
- Manages schedule and preparatory work for new employee onboarding sessions.
- Meets with new employees to complete necessary new hire forms. Maintains applicant flow data log.
- Coordinates travel, event support, and training facilitation plans.
- Maintains and processes required Workers Compensation document with stipulated timelines. Acts as back up to Generalist in facilitating medical liaison for injured employees.
- Maintains and updates files on all Company/Union human resource and benefit matters, including employee personnel files.
- Prepares for monthly HR staff meetings and provides meeting action items.
- Works in accordance with the documented environmental procedures, instructions, and specific responsibilities as defined in individual procedures and instructions. Reports problems or deviations associated with environmental issues and the Environmental Management System (EMS) to the Environmental Department.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- May provide assistance to other departments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned including designated duties associated with System Restoration.
REQUIRED OR PREFERRED EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Position requires a high level of integrity in dealing with confidential matters.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in HR, office management, payroll required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Analytic and strong attention to detail required.
- Professionalism, confidentiality, maturity, strong organizational skills and initiative to work independently without supervision required.
- Position requires a valid Maine driver’s license
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Position is primarily sedentary, some standing, walking, speaking, driving and writing is required.
- Position requires lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Position requires visual and mental concentration.
- Position requires extensive computer use.
- Emera Maine is a tobacco free and fragrance free workplace.
FULL TIME: Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week. Extra hours may be required.
RATE OF PAY:
Salary Level is a 13, and is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Further pay information will be available during the interview process.