9-1-1 Public Safety Dispatcher
County of Waldo | Belfast, ME
Waldo County Regional Communications Center
The County of Waldo is looking for a few career minded professionals interested in becoming employed in the ever expanding Public Safety Dispatch sector. If you are one of these individuals, we are now accepting applications from enthusiastic applicants for the entry level position of 911 Dispatcher. In addition to serving your community, Waldo County offers generous pay & benefits. Candidates chosen will receive the necessary classroom and on-the-job training to assist in developing those skills needed to perform successfully under emergency situations while interacting with local Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS and/or other agencies.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to (trainings will be made available):
- Certified 911 Dispatcher
- Certified Emergency Telecommunicator
- Certified Emergency Medical Dispatcher
- Certified Terminal Operator
- Receiving telephone calls, 911 calls and radio communications and responding by dispatching appropriate personnel/equipment as necessary
- Maintaining computer aided dispatch system for call/radio processing
- Retrieves information for agencies as necessitated by policy
- Works with other dispatch agencies with regard to mutual aid requests
- Ability to perform in a fast pace environment and to multi task
- Must be able to work successfully with other people for a long period of time
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Be of unimpeachable character (no felony convictions or crimes of moral turpitude)
- Ability to multi-task while simultaneously talking on the phone, using computers, and listening to radios.
- This career requires the successful candidate to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Applicant must show a steady and progressive work history
- Submit written application (available at Comm. Center)
- Pass oral/written exam or job related tests required
- Pass thorough background investigation
- Submit copies of diplomas/certificates and other related qualifying documentation
Applications and job descriptions are available at the Waldo County Regional Comm. Center located at 2 Public Safety Way, Belfast, or can be sent by email.
Cover Letter, Application and Résumé are due Friday, August 18 2017. Mail, Fax or email to:
2 Public Safety Way
Belfast, Me 04915
Fax: (207) 338-6790
WCRCC Director: email@example.com
Waldo County is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.